2-Log DNA Ladder (0.1-10.0 kb)Product information
This product is available in Quick-Load Purple format - enjoy the convenience of a ready-to-load format.
DescriptionA number of proprietary plasmids are digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes to yield 19 bands suitable for use as molecular weight standards for agarose gel electrophoresis. This digested DNA includes fragments ranging from 100 bp to 10 kb. The 0.5, 1.0 and 3.0 kb bands have increased intensity to serve as reference points. The approximate mass of DNA in each of the bands is provided (assuming a 1.0 μg load) for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
Comes supplied with 1 vial of Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS.
NEB also offers a Quick-Load version of this ladder with purple dye.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
|Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS||25||6X|
Properties and Usage
Effective Size Range100bp to 10,002bp
10 mM Tris-HCl
1 mM EDTA
pH 8.0 @ 25°C
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
2-Log DNA Ladder (0.1-10.0 kb)
Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS
- This ladder was not designed for precise quantification of DNA mass but can be used for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
- We recommend loading 0.5-1 μg of the 2-Log DNA Ladder diluted in sample buffer.
- All fragments have 4-base, 5´ overhangs that can be end labeled using T4 Polynucleotide Kinase (#M0201) or filled-in using DNA Polymerase I, Klenow Fragment (#M0210) (1). Use α-[32P] dATP or α-[32P] dTTP for the fill-in reaction.
- 2-Log DNA Ladder is stable for at least 3 months at 4°C.
- For long term storage, store at -20°C. If samples need to be diluted, use TE or other buffer of minimal ionic strength. DNA may denature if diluted in dH20
- 1X Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS:
Tris-HCL (pH 8.0@25°C)
0.02% Dye 1
0.001% Dye 2
- Due to the limitations of the acrylamide gel technology, one or two extra bands may be visible on the DNA ladders when run on a polyacrylamide gel.
- Sambrook, J., Fritsch, E.F. and Maniatis, T. (1989). Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual (2nd Ed.). 10.51-10.67.
- Why are there extra bands visible on polyacrylamide gels?
- What are the overhangs on the DNA ladder fragments? Can I end-label them using the T4 polynucleotide kinase (PNK)? What about the Klenow fragment?
- Why are the DNA ladders showing up on my Southern blot? What is the sequence or composition of the ladder bands?
- How can I quantify the amount of DNA in each band of a marker?
- Can I use GelRed with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use Midori Green with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use SYBR® with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
To make it ready-to-load, dilute in TE buffer instead of water.