Quick-Load® 1 kb Plus DNA LadderProduct information
Quick-Load(r) 2-Log DNA Ladder
|250 gel lanes ( 100 μg/ml )||-||Unavailable in your region|
- Size range: 100 bp to 10 kb
- Convenient, ready-to-load format
- Formulated with bromophenol blue dye
- Easy to identify reference bands
- Suitable for 250 gel lanes
Quick-Load® 1 kb Plus DNA Ladder is a pre-mixed, ready-to-load molecular weight marker containing bromophenol blue as a tracking dye.
The DNA Ladder consists of proprietary plasmids which are digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes to yield 19 bands suitable for use as molecular weight standards for agarose gel electrophoresis. This digested DNA includes fragments ranging from 100 bp to 10 kb. The 0.5, 1.0 and 3.0 kb bands have increased intensity to serve as reference bands.
NEB also offers a Quick-Load version of this ladder with purple dye.
- Recommended gel percentage range: 1-1.4%
- Optimum separation on 1.2%
- Product Categories:
- DNA Markers & Ladders Products
- DNA Analysis
Properties and Usage
|15||124||500 / 517|
Effective Size Range100.0bp to 10,002.0bp
3.3 mM Tris-HCl
11 mM EDTA
0.015% bromophenol blue
pH 8.0 @ 25°C
- Preparation of DNA: The double-stranded DNA is digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes, phenol extracted and equilibrated in storage buffer.
- In general, it is recommended to load 1µl per mm of gel lane.
- The Quick-Load DNA Ladder is not intended for precise quantification of DNA mass but can be used for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
- Quick-Load DNA Ladder is stable for at least 6 months at 25°C.
- For long term storage, store at 4°C or -20°C. If stored at -20°C, mix well after thawing.
- Sambrook, J., Fritsch, E. F. and Maniatis, T. (1989). Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, (2nd ed.), Cold Spring Harbor: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. 10.51-10.67.
Faqs & Tech Tips
- Why are the DNA ladders showing up on my Southern blot? What is the sequence or composition of the ladder bands?
- How can I quantify the amount of DNA in each band of a marker?
- Can I use GelRed® with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use Midori Green with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use SYBR® with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
Protocols & Manuals
Other Tools & Resources
Quality & Safety
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality control's for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
Quick-Load® 1 kb Plus DNA Ladder
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
TrademarksQUICK-LOAD® is a registered trademark of New England Biolabs, Inc.
FICOLL® is a registered trademark of GE Healthcare Bio-Sciences AB.
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.