PCR MarkerProduct information
DescriptionThe PCR Marker consists of a proprietary plasmid that is digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes to yield 5 double-stranded DNA bands suitable for use as molecular weight standards for agarose and acrylamide gel electrophoresis. The digested DNA includes fragments ranging from 50-766 base pairs. The approximate mass of DNA in each of the bands is provided (assuming a 0.3 μg load) for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
Comes supplied with 1 vial of Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
|Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS||25||6X|
Properties and Usage
Effective Size Range50bp to 766bp
10 mM Tris-HCl
1 mM EDTA
pH 8.0 @ 25°C
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS
- We recommend loading 0.3 μg of PCR Marker diluted in sample buffer.
This marker was not designed for precise quantification of DNA mass but can be used for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
- PCR Marker is stable for at least 3 months at 4°C.
- For long term storage, store at -20°C. If samples need to be diluted, use TE or other buffer of minimal ionic strength. DNA may denature if diluted in dH2O.
- All ends have 5' overhangs that can be labeled using T4 Polynucleotide Kinase (NEB #M0201) or filled-in using DNA Polymerase I, Klenow Fragment (NEB #M0210) (1). Use α-[32P] dCTP or α-[32P] dGTP for the fill-in reaction.
- 1X Gel Loading Dye, Purple, no SDS:
3.3mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0@25°C)
0.02% Dye 1
0.001% Dye 2
- What are the overhangs on the DNA ladder fragments? Can I end-label them using the T4 polynucleotide kinase (PNK)? What about the Klenow fragment?
- How can I quantify the amount of DNA in each band of a marker?
- Can I use GelRed with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use Midori Green with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use SYBR® with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Why are there extra bands visible on polyacrylamide gels?