Monarch® DNA Gel Extraction KitProduct information
Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit
Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit
Quickly and easily purify DNA from agarose gels with high yields.
- Elute in as little as 6 μl
- Prevent buffer retention and salt carry-over with optimized column design
- Save time with fast, user-friendly protocols
- No need to monitor pH or add isopropanol
- Buffers and columns available separately
- Significantly less plastic used when compared with other kits
- Responsibly-sourced and recyclable packaging
Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit protocol
Tips for using the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit
How to recycle your Monarch Kit components
NEB TV Ep. 6 – Sustainability
Quick Tips - How can I efficiently elute large DNA fragments from agarose gels?
Quick Tips - How do I apply my elution buffer to the Monarch® nucleic acid purification column?
Quick Tips - Why is it important to melt the agarose prior to using the Monarch® DNA Gel Extraction Kit?
Faqs & Tech Tips
- Can I purchase Monarch® buffers and columns separately?
- Can I use water to elute the DNA when using the Monarch Kits?
- What is the smallest volume of elution buffer that can be used with the Monarch DNA Cleanup Column?
- What factors affect my (A260/A230)?
- Are the columns in the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) the same as the ones in the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit?
- What is the composition of each buffer provided with the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit?
- What is the maximum binding capacity of the Monarch DNA Cleanup Column provided in the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit?
- Can I excise a fragment from a gel and store it for purification at a later time?
- What size of DNA can be purified with the Monarch DNA Cleanup Columns?
- What type of agarose gels are compatible with the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit?
- After purification, I see a faint additional band running below the expected size on a gel. What happened?
- Are Monarch spin columns compatible with Vacuum Manifolds?
Learn how to extract DNA from agarose gels using the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit.
Optimize your DNA gel extractions with our quick tips for using the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit.
Learn how you can easily recycle all of the components in your Monarch Kits.
Protocols & Manuals
Other Tools & Resources
- Back to basics: Important things to keep in mind when purifying plasmids and DNA fragments
- Six Tips for a Perfect Gel Extraction
Troubleshooting GuidesTroubleshooting Guide for DNA Cleanup and Plasmid Purification
- Hannah G. Reich, Deborah L. Robertson, Gretchen Goodbody-Gringley (2016) Do the shuffle: Changes in Symbiodinium consortia throughout juvenile coral development. PLOS One; PubMedID: 28182684
- Hua Yang, Silvia Jenni, Milena Colovic, Helen Merkens, Carlee Poleschuk, Isabel Rodrigo, Qing Miao, Bruce F. Johnson4, Michael J. Rishel4, Vesna Sossi, Jack M. Webster, François Bénard and Paul Schaffer (2017) F-5-Fluoroaminosuberic Acid as a Potential Tracer to Gauge Oxidative Stress in Breast Cancer Models. Journal of Nuclear medicine; PubMedID: 5331935
- Zhang Y, Tanner N (2017) Isothermal Amplification of Long, Discrete DNA Fragments Facilitated by Single-Stranded Binding Protein Scientific Reports; PubMedID: 28819114
- Adam Waalkes, Kelsi Penewit, Brent L. Wood, David Wu, and Stephen J. Salipante (2017) Ultrasensitive detection of acute myeloid leukemia minimal residual disease using single molecule molecular inversion probes. Hematologica; PubMedID: 28572161
- Wang M, Wang B, Jiang K, Liu M, Shi X, Wang L. (2018) A mitochondrial manganese superoxide dismutase involved in innate immunity is essential for the survival of Chlamys farreri Fish Shellfish Immunology; PubMedID: 29127027
- Kang B, Peng B, Wu H, Liu L, Wu W, Gu Q. (2018) Host-associated selection of a P3 mutant of zucchini yellow mosaic virus affects viral infectivity in watermelon Archives of Virology; PubMedID: 29426994
- Roussy M, Bilodeau M, Jouan L, Tibout P, Laramée L, Lemyre E, Cardin S, Sauvageau C, Couture F, Choblet A, Patey N, Gendron P, Duval M, Teira P, Hébert J, Wilhelm BT, Choi JK, Gruber TA, Bittencourt H, Cellot S. (2018) NUP98-BPTF gene fusion identified in primary refractory acute megakaryoblastic leukemia of infancy Genes, Chromosomes, & Cancer; PubMedID: 29427526
- Perniss A, Schmidt N, Gurtner C, Dietert K, Schwengers O, Weigel M, Hempe J, Ewers C, Pfeil U, Gärtner U, Gruber AD, Hain T, Kummer W (2018) Bordetella pseudohinzii targets cilia and impairs tracheal cilia-driven transport in naturally acquired infection in mice Nature Scientific Reports; 8(1):5681, DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-23830-4
- Kose, S. H., Grice, K., Orsi, W. D., Ballal, M., and Coolen, M. J. L. (2018) Metagenomics of pigmented and cholesterol gallstones: the putative role of bacteria Nature, Scientific Reports;
- Bornikoel J, Staiger J, Madlung J, Forchhammer K, Maldener I. (2018) LytM factor Alr3353 affects filament morphology and cell-cell communication in the multicellular cyanobacterium Anabaena sp. PCC 7120 Molecular Microbiology; PubMedID: 29437253
Quality & Safety
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality controls for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
Monarch® DNA Elution Buffer
Monarch® Gel Dissolving Buffer
Monarch® DNA Wash Buffer
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.