NEBuffer™ 4Product information
|5 ml ( 10 X )||-||Unavailable in your region|
DescriptionNew England Biolabs provides a color-coded 10X NEBuffer with each restriction endonuclease to ensure optimal (100%) activity. The NEBuffer minus BSA formulation is included in this buffer pack for those enzymes requiring NEBuffers without BSA. For the BSA containing formulation, Buffer packs NEBuffer 1.1 (NEB #B7201), NEBuffer 2.1 (NEB #B7201), NEBuffer 3.1 (NEB #B7203) and CutSmart Buffer (NEB #B7204) are available. Visit www.neb.com for details.
Properties and Usage
1X Buffer Components
1X Buffer Components
50mM Potassium Acetate
10mM Magnesium Acetate
Quality Control AssaysThe following Quality Control Tests are performed on each new lot and meet the specifications designated for the product. Individual lot data can be found on the Product Summary Sheet/Datacard or Manual which can be found in the Supporting Documents section of this page. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
- Conductivity (Buffer/Solution) :
The conductivity is measured and meets specification.
- Endonuclease Activity (Nicking):
The product is tested in a reaction containing a supercoiled DNA substrate. After incubation for 4 hours the percent converted to the nicked form is determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Functional Test (Restriction Digest, Buffer):
The buffer is tested for function by performing a restriction enzyme activity assay.
- Non-Specific DNase Activity (16 hour):
The product is tested for non-specific nuclease degradation in a reaction containing a DNA substrate. After incubation for 16 hours there is no detectable degradation of the DNA substrate as determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- pH (Buffer/Solution):
The pH is measured and meets specification.
- RNase Activity (Buffer):
The buffer is tested in a reaction containing a RNA substrate. After incubation there is no detectable degradation of the RNA substrate as determined by gel electrophoresis.
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
- What is supplied with the NEBuffer™ 4 pack?
- What is the composition of NEBuffer™ 4?
- How should the NEBuffer™ be used?
- The buffer arrived thawed. Are the buffer and the enzyme still active?
- Why is my Restriction Enzyme not cutting DNA?
- Why do I see additional DNA bands on my gel after a restriction digest?
- Why do I see a DNA smear on an agarose gel after a restriction digest?
- How many nucleotides do I have to add adjacent to the RE recognition site in order to get efficient cutting?
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.