λ DNA-BstEII DigestProduct information
- Size range: 117 bp to 8,454 bp
- Supplied with free vial of Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS (NEB #B7025)
DescriptionThe BstEII digest of lambda DNA (cI857 ind 1 Sam 7) yields 14 fragments suitable for use as molecular weight standards for agarose gel electrophoresis (1). The approximate mass of DNA in each of the bands is provided (assuming a 1.0 μg load) for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
Comes supplied with 1 vial of Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS.
- Recommended gel percentage range: 0.6-1.2%
- Optimum separation on 0.8%
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
|Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS||25||6 X|
- Product Categories:
- DNA Markers & Ladders Products
- DNA Analysis
Properties and Usage
Effective Size Range117.0bp to 8,454.0bp
10 mM Tris-HCl
1 mM EDTA
pH 8.0 @ 25°C
- The cohesive ends of fragments 1 and 4 may be separated by heating to 60°C for 3 minutes.
- For long term storage, store at -20°C. If samples need to be diluted, use TE or other buffer of minimal ionic strength. DNA may denature if diluted in dH20 and subsequently heated. Temperatures > 60°C may cause denaturation.
- 1X Gel Loading Dye, Purple, no SDS:
3.3mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0@25°C)
0.02% Dye 1
0.001% Dye 2
- Daniels, D.L. et al (1983). Appendix II: Complete Annotated Lambda Sequence. R.W. Hendrix, J.W. Roberts, F.W. Stahl and R.A. Weisberg(Ed.), Lambda-II. 519-676. New York: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press.
- Forster, A.C. et al. (1985). Nucl. Acids Res. 13, 745-761.
Faqs & Tech Tips
- What are the overhangs on the DNA ladder fragments? Can I end-label them using the T4 polynucleotide kinase (PNK)? What about the Klenow fragment?
- How can I quantify the amount of DNA in each band of a marker?
- Why does my Lambda DNA molecular weight marker appear smeared and not represent the correct banding pattern?
- Can I use GelRed® with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use Midori Green with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use SYBR® with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
Heat at 60C for 3 minutes to separate the cohesive ends of fragments 1 and 4.
To make it ready-to-load, dilute in TE buffer instead of water.
Protocols & Manuals
Other Tools & Resources
Quality & Safety
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality control's for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
λ DNA-BstEII Digest
Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.