λ DNA-BstEII DigestProduct information
DescriptionThe BstEII digest of lambda DNA (cI857 ind 1 Sam 7) yields 14 fragments suitable for use as molecular weight standards for agarose gel electrophoresis (1). The approximate mass of DNA in each of the bands is provided (assuming a 1.0 μg load) for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
Comes supplied with 1 vial of Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
|Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS||25||6X|
Properties and Usage
Effective Size Range117bp to 8,454bp
10 mM Tris-HCl
1 mM EDTA
pH 8.0 @ 25°C
- For long term storage, store at -20°C. If samples need to be diluted, use TE or other buffer of minimal ionic strength. DNA may denature if diluted in dH20 and subsequently heated. Temperatures > 60°C may cause denaturation.
- The cohesive ends of fragments 1 and 4 may be separated by heating to 60°C for 3 minutes.
- 1X Gel Loading Dye, Purple, no SDS:
3.3mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0@25°C)
0.02% Dye 1
0.001% Dye 2
- Daniels, D.L. et al (1983). Appendix II: Complete Annotated Lambda Sequence. R.W. Hendrix, J.W. Roberts, F.W. Stahl and R.A. Weisberg(Ed.), Lambda-II. 519-676. New York: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press.
- Forster, A.C. et al. (1985). Nucl. Acids Res. 13, 745-761.
- What are the overhangs on the DNA ladder fragments? Can I end-label them using the T4 polynucleotide kinase (PNK)? What about the Klenow fragment?
- How can I quantify the amount of DNA in each band of a marker?
- Why does my Lambda DNA molecular weight marker appear smeared and not represent the correct banding pattern?
- Can I use GelRed with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use Midori Green with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use SYBR® with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
Heat at 60C for 3 minutes to separate the cohesive ends of fragments 1 and 4.
To make it ready-to-load, dilute in TE buffer instead of water.