OneTaq® DNA PolymeraseProduct information
The ONE polymerase for your endpoint PCR needs. OneTaq DNA Polymerase is an optimized blend of Taq and Deep Vent® DNA polymerases for use with routine and difficult PCR experiments.
- 2X higher fidelity than Taq
- Ideal for routine, AT- or GC-rich templates
- Hot start and master mix versions available
How to Amplify GC-rich DNA M0491 M0480
5 Tips for Setting Up Your PCR
Why is Tm Important in Primer Design?
Overview of PCR
DescriptionThe 3´→ 5´ exonuclease activity of Deep Vent DNA Polymerase increases the fidelity and robust amplification of Taq DNA Polymerase (1) . The OneTaq Reaction Buffers and High GC Enhancer have been formulated for robust yields with minimal optimization, regardless of a template’s GC content.
OneTaq DNA Polymerase is supplied with two 5X buffers: (Standard and GC), as well as a High GC Enhancer solution. For most routine and/or AT-rich amplicons (Lambda, etc.) or complex amplicons with up to ~65% GC content, OneTaq Standard Reaction Buffer provides robust amplification. For GC-rich amplicons, the OneTaq GC Reaction Buffer can improve both performance and yield. For particularly high GC or difficult amplicons, the OneTaq High GC Enhancer can be added at a final concentration of 10–20% to reactions containing OneTaq GC Reaction Buffer.
Product SourceAn E. coli strain that carries the Taq DNA Polymerase gene from Thermus aquaticus YT-1 and an E. coli strain that carries the Deep VentR DNA Polymerase gene from Pyrococcus species GB-D.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
|OneTaq® Standard Reaction Buffer Pack||-20||5 X|
|OneTaq® GC Reaction Buffer Pack||-20||5 X|
|OneTaq® High GC Enhancer||-20||5 X|
Advantages and Features
- Ideal for routine, AT- and GC-rich PCR
- High Sensitivity PCR
- High Throughput PCR
- Routine PCR
- GC-rich PCR
- AT-rich PCR
- Colony PCR
- Long PCR (up to ~6 kb genomic)
Properties and Usage
Unit DefinitionOne unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that will incorporate 15 nmol of dNTP into acid insoluble material in 30 minutes at 75°C.
1X OneTaq® Standard Reaction Buffer Pack
1X OneTaq® Standard Reaction Buffer Pack
20 mM Tris-HCl
22 mM NH4Cl
22 mM KCl
1.8 mM MgCl2
0.06% IGEPAL® CA-630
0.05% Tween® 20
(pH 8.9 @ 25°C)
Usage Concentration1.25 - units/50µl reaction
10 mM Tris-HCl
100 mM KCl
1 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
0.5% Tween® 20
0.5% IGEPAL® CA-630
pH 7.4 @ 25°C
5' - 3' ExonucleaseYes
3' - 5' ExonucleaseYes
Unit Assay Conditions1X ThermoPol® Reaction Buffer, 200 µM dNTPs including [3H]-dTTP and 15 nM primed M13 DNA
Error Rate< 140x10-6bases
- The OneTaq High GC Enhancer should not be used alone. It should be added only to reactions with the OneTaq GC Reaction Buffer and will typically improve yields when other conditions have failed.
- Product specifications for individual components in the OneTaq DNA Polymerase mix are available separately.
- Barnes, W.M. (1994). Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 91, 2216-2220.
- Saiki R.K. et al. (1985). Science. 230, 1350-1354.
- Powell, L.M. et al. (1987). Cell. 50, 831-840.
Faqs & Tech Tips
- Can I use my regular Taq-based cycling conditions for OneTaq® DNA Polymerase based products?
- Which buffer should I use?
- When should I add the High GC Enhancer?
- Can OneTaq® DNA Polymerase be used in colony PCR?
- How long a product can be made by OneTaq® DNA Polymerase?
- Can OneTaq® DNA Polymerase be used with uracil-containing primers or bisulfite-treated DNA?
- What is the fidelity of OneTaq® DNA Polymerase?
- Where can I find help troubleshooting my PCR?
- How should I determine an appropriate annealing temperature for my reaction?
- Which buffer should I use if I want to control the level of magnesium in the reaction?
- How is OneTaq DNA Polymerase different from LongAmp™ Taq DNA Polymerase?
- How should I set up an amplification reaction using OneTaq® DNA Polymerase?
- What type of DNA ends result from a primer extension reaction or a PCR using OneTaq® DNA Polymerase?
Protocols & Manuals
Other Tools & Resources
Usage Guildelines & Tips
Troubleshooting GuidesPCR Troubleshooting Guide
- Matousková, M., Vesely, P., Daniel, P., Mattiuzzo, G., Hector, R.D., Scobie, L., Takeuchi, Y. and Hejnar, J. (2013) Role of DNA methylation in expression and transmission of porcine endogenous retroviruses. PLOS ONE; PubMedID: 23986605
- Liang, Y., Basu, D., Pattathil, S., Xu, W.L., Venetos, A., Martin, S.L., Faik, A., Hahn, M.G. and Showalter, A.M. (2013) Biochemical and physiological characterization of fut4 and fut6 mutants defective in arabinogalactan-protein fucosylation in Arabidopsis. PLOS ONE; PubMedID: 24127514
- Megan S Thoemmes, Daniel J Fergus, Julie Urban, Michelle Trautwein, Robert R Dunn (2014) Ubiquity and diversity of human-associated demodex mites. PLoS One; 9, e106265. PubMedID: 25162399 , DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0106265
- Malyshev, D.A., Dhami, K., Quach, H.T., Lavergne, T., Ordoukhanian, P., Torkamani, A. and Romesberg, F.E. (2012) Efficient and sequence-independent replication of DNA containing a third base pair establishes a functional six-letter genetic alphabet. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA; 109, 4503-4508. PubMedID: 22773812
Quality & Safety
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality control's for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
OneTaq® DNA Polymerase
OneTaq® Standard Reaction Buffer Pack
OneTaq® GC Reaction Buffer Pack
OneTaq® High GC Enhancer
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
LicensesPurchase of this product provides the purchaser with a non-exclusive license to use OneTaq® DNA Polymerase for research purposes only.
NEW ENGLAND BIOLABS®, ONETAQ® and THERMOPOL® are registered trademarks of New England Biolabs, Inc.
DEEP VENT™ is a trademark of New England Biolabs, Inc.
IGEPAL® is a registered trademark of Rhodia Operations.
TWEEN® is a registered trademark of Uniqema Americas, LLC.
- This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.