OneTaq® DNA PolymeraseProduct information
DescriptionOneTaq DNA Polymerase is an optimized blend of Taq and Deep VentR™ DNA polymerases for use with routine and difficult PCR experiments. The 3´→ 5´ exonuclease activity of Deep Vent DNA Polymerase increases the fidelity and robust amplification of Taq DNA Polymerase ref. The OneTaq Reaction Buffers and High GC Enhancer have been formulated for robust yields with minimal optimization, regardless of a template’s GC content.
OneTaq DNA Polymerase is supplied with two 5X buffers: (Standard and GC), as well as a High GC Enhancer solution. For most routine and/or AT-rich amplicons (Lambda, etc.) or complex amplicons with up to ~65% GC content, OneTaq Standard Reaction Buffer provides robust amplification. For GC-rich amplicons, the OneTaq GC Reaction Buffer can improve both performance and yield. For particularly high GC or difficult amplicons, the OneTaq High GC Enhancer can be added at a final concentration of 10–20% to reactions containing OneTaq GC Reaction Buffer.
- Ideal for routine, AT- and GC-rich PCR
Product SourceAn E. coli strain that carries the Taq DNA Polymerase gene from Thermus aquaticus YT-1 and an E. coli strain that carries the Deep VentR DNA Polymerase gene from Pyrococcus species GB-D.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
|OneTaq® GC Reaction Buffer||-20||5X|
|OneTaq® Standard Reaction Buffer||-20||5X|
|OneTaq High GC Enhancer||5X|
Advantages and Features
- High Sensitivity PCR
- High Throughput PCR
- Routine PCR
- GC-rich PCR
- AT-rich PCR
- Colony PCR
- Long PCR (up to ~6 kb genomic)
Properties and Usage
Unit DefinitionOne unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that will incorporate 15 nmol of dNTP into acid insoluble material in 30 minutes at 75°C.
1X OneTaq® Standard Reaction Buffer
1X OneTaq® Standard Reaction Buffer:
20 mM Tris-HCl
22 mM NH4Cl
22 mM KCl
1.8 mM MgCl2
0.06% IGEPAL® CA-630
0.05% Tween® 20
pH 8.9 @ 25°C
1.25 units/50µl reaction
10 mM Tris-HCl
100 mM KCl
1 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
0.5% Tween® 20
0.5% IGEPAL® CA-630
pH 7.4 @ 25°C
5' - 3' ExonucleaseYes
3' - 5' ExonucleaseYes
Unit Assay Conditions1X ThermoPol® Reaction Buffer, 200 µM dNTPs including [3H]-dTTP and 15 nM primed M13 DNA
Quality Control AssaysThe following Quality Control Tests are performed on each new lot and meet the specifications designated for the product. Individual lot data can be found on the Product Summary Sheet/Datacard or Manual which can be found in the Supporting Documents section of this page. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
- PCR Amplification (Buffer Dependent, GC-rich) :
The polymerase is tested in a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) using a GC-rich control template and specific primers, resulting in the buffer-dependent production of the expected product
- PCR Amplification (DNA Polymerase):
The polymerase is tested in a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) using a control template and specific primers, resulting in the expected product.
- PCR Amplification (Enhancer Dependent, GC-rich):
The polymerase is tested in a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) using a GC-rich control template and specific primers, resulting in the enhancer-dependent production of the expected product.
- This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
LicensesPurchase of this product provides the purchaser with a non-exclusive license to use OneTaq® DNA Polymerase for research purposes only.
NEW ENGLAND BIOLABS®, ONETAQ® and THERMOPOL® are registered trademarks of New England Biolabs, Inc.
DEEP VENT™ is a trademark of New England Biolabs, Inc.
IGEPAL® is a registered trademark of Rhodia Operations.
TWEEN® is a registered trademark of Uniqema Americas, LLC. This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
OneTaq® DNA Polymerase
OneTaq® GC Reaction Buffer Pack
OneTaq® Standard Reaction Buffer Pack
OneTaq® High GC Enhancer
- The OneTaq High GC Enhancer should not be used alone. It should be added only to reactions with the OneTaq GC Reaction Buffer and will typically improve yields when other conditions have failed.
- Product specifications for individual components in the OneTaq DNA Polymerase mix are available separately.
- Barnes, W.M. (1994). Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 91, 2216-2220.
- Saiki R.K. et al. (1985). Science. 230, 1350-1354.
- Powell, L.M. et al. (1987). Cell. 50, 831-840.
- Can I use my regular Taq-based cycling conditions for OneTaq® DNA Polymerase based products?
- Which buffer should I use?
- When should I add the High GC Enhancer?
- Can OneTaq® DNA Polymerase be used in colony PCR?
- How long a product can be made by OneTaq® DNA Polymerase?
- Can OneTaq® DNA Polymerase be used with uracil-containing primers or bisulfite-treated DNA?
- What is the fidelity of OneTaq® DNA Polymerase?
- Where can I find help troubleshooting my PCR?
- How should I determine an appropriate annealing temperature for my reaction?
- Which buffer should I use if I want to control the level of magnesium in the reaction?
- How is OneTaq DNA Polymerase different from LongAmp™ Taq DNA Polymerase?
- How should I set up an amplification reaction using OneTaq® DNA Polymerase?
- What type of DNA ends result from a primer extension reaction or a PCR using OneTaq® DNA Polymerase?