Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb #4820
|4820S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4820||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey, D. melanogaster||Endogenous||43||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total CREB-1 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other ATF/CREB family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a full length GST-CREB fusion protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mouse brain using CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb (green) and β3-Tubulin (TU-20) Mouse mAb #4466 (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of SH-SY5Y cells using CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Flow cytometric analysis of SH-SY5Y cells, using CREB (D76D11) Rabbit mAb Antibody (blue) compared to concentration matched Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 293 cells treated with Forskolin #3828 (30 µM) and either 10 μl of CREB (D76D11) XP® Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human ALS2 exon 1 primers, SimpleChIP® Human Nr4A3 Promoter Primers #4829, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
CREB is a bZIP transcription factor that activates target genes through cAMP response elements. CREB is able to mediate signals from numerous physiological stimuli, resulting in regulation of a broad array of cellular responses. While CREB is expressed in numerous tissues, it plays a large regulatory role in the nervous system. CREB is believed to play a key role in promoting neuronal survival, precursor proliferation, neurite outgrowth, and neuronal differentiation in certain neuronal populations (1-3). Additionally, CREB signaling is involved in learning and memory in several organisms (4-6). CREB is able to selectively activate numerous downstream genes through interactions with different dimerization partners. CREB is activated by phosphorylation at Ser133 by various signaling pathways including Erk, Ca2+, and stress signaling. Some of the kinases involved in phosphorylating CREB at Ser133 are p90RSK, MSK, CaMKIV, and MAPKAPK-2 (7-9).
- Lonze, B.E. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 371-85.
- Lee, M.M. et al. (1999) J Neurosci Res 55, 702-12.
- Redmond, L. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 999-1010.
- Dash, P.K. et al. (1990) Nature 345, 718-21.
- Yin, J.C. et al. (1994) Cell 79, 49-58.
- Guzowski, J.F. and McGaugh, J.L. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 2693-8.
- Xing, J. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 1946-55.
- Ribar, T.J. et al. (2000) J Neurosci 20, RC107.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 4629-42.
- Peeters, A. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 42162-79. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 3357 CaMKII-α Antibody
- 2274 MELK Antibody
- 3489 MSK1 (C27B2) Rabbit mAb
- 4782 PKA C-α Antibody
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9198 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb
- 3356 Phospho-CaMKII (Tyr231) Antibody
- 9595 Phospho-MSK1 (Thr581) Antibody
- 4781 Phospho-PKA C (Thr197) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9326 p90RSK Antibody Sampler Kit
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.