LunaScript™ RT SuperMix KitProduct information
LunaScript RT SuperMix Kit
|25 rxns||-||Unavailable in your region|
LunaScript RT SuperMix Kit
|100 rxns||-||Unavailable in your region|
The LunaScript® RT SuperMix Kit is optimized for cDNA synthesis in a two-step RT-qPCR workflow.
- Single-tube SuperMix contains random hexamer and oligo-dT primers, dNTPs, Murine RNase Inhibitor, and Luna® Reverse Transcriptase
- Non-interfering, visible tracking dye helps to eliminate pipetting errors
- Combine with Luna qPCR master mixes for robust RT-qPCR results
- Less than 15 minute first-strand cDNA synthesis protocol
- All Luna products have undergone rigorous testing to optimize specificity, sensitivity, accuracy and reproducibility
- A comprehensive evaluation of commercially-available qPCR and RT-qPCR reagents demonstrates superior performance of Luna products
- Novel, thermostable Luna Reverse Transcriptase improves performance
- Consistent linearity, sensitivity, and capacity for reliable RNA quantification
Featured VideosView Video Library
Avoiding RNase Contamination
Overview of qPCR
“Dots in Boxes" Visualization of qPCR Data
LunaScript RT SuperMix is an optimized master mix containing all the necessary components for first strand cDNA synthesis in the context of a two-step RT-qPCR workflow. It features the thermostable Luna Reverse Transcriptase, which supports cDNA synthesis at elevated temperatures. Murine RNase Inhibitor is also included to protect template RNA from degradation. The LunaScript RT SuperMix contains random hexamer and poly-dT primers, allowing even coverage across the length of the RNA targets. In addition, the LunaScript RT SuperMix contains a blue dye, providing a visual indicator that can be followed throughout the two-step RT-qPCR process. The LunaScript RT SuperMix offers robust, linear, and sensitive detection using total RNA inputs as high as 1 µg and as low as single copies of RNA.
Properties & Usage
Protocols, Manuals & Usage
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Can I use RNA samples purified from different storage conditions such as RNALater in my LunaScript® cDNA synthesis reactions?
- Can I add gene-specific primers in my LunaScript® cDNA synthesis reaction?
- Can I set up my cDNA synthesis reaction at room temperature when using the LunaScript® RT SuperMix?
- Can I store the LunaScript® RT SuperMix at room temperature or 4°C?
- Can I use a shorter incubation time for my cDNA synthesis reaction when using the LunaScript® RT SuperMix?
- Can I use LunaScript® cDNA products directly in qPCR? How much can I use for detection in a qPCR reaction?
- How do I choose between LunaScript® RT SuperMix Kit and ProtoScript first strand cDNA synthesis kits?
- How do I know whether my template RNA is of good quality?
- How much RNA template should I use in my LunaScript® cDNA synthesis reactions?
- How much cDNA product can I use for detection in a qPCR reaction?
- How should I store LunaScript® cDNA products?
- How should I choose between a one-step RT-qPCR or two-step RT-qPCR approach?
- Should I include a No-Reverse Transcriptase (RT) control reaction when setting up my cDNA synthesis reaction?
- What qPCR reagents do you recommend for detection of cDNA products?
- What RNA samples can be used in the LunaScript® cDNA synthesis reactions?
- What temperature should I use for my LunaScript® cDNA synthesis reaction?
- Why do I have low cDNA yields?
- Will the blue dye in the LunaScript® RT SuperMix interfere with detection?
- Are the Monarch RNA Cleanup Kits compatible with Luna RT-qPCR reagents?
Quality, Safety & Legal
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality controls for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
LunaScript RT SuperMix
No-RT Control Mix
Legal and DisclaimersThis product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.