Product Pathways - Adhesion
uPAR Antibody #9692
|9692S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9692||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
uPAR Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total uPAR protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr109 of human uPAR protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The human urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) is a 55-65 kDa, highly glycosylated, GPI-anchored cell surface receptor (the deglycosylated protein is 35 kDa) (1-3). It is a central player in the plasminogen activation pathway. uPAR binds with high affinity to a serine protease urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and converts plasminogen to its active form plasmin in a spatially restricted manner on the cell surface (4). Plasmin further carries out the activation of uPA, which is inhibited by serpins, such as plasminogen activator inhibitors (5). Therefore, uPAR plays a key role in regulating extracellular proteolysis. In addition, uPAR plays an important role in regulating cell proliferation, adhesion and mobility (6,7). Research studies have shown that overexpression of uPAR is found in various cancer cells and tissues (8,9).
- Nielsen, L.S. et al. (1988) J Biol Chem 263, 2358-63.
- Behrendt, N. et al. (1990) J Biol Chem 265, 6453-60.
- Roldan, A.L. et al. (1990) EMBO J 9, 467-74.
- Ellis, V. et al. (1991) J Biol Chem 266, 12752-8.
- Ellis, V. et al. (1990) J Biol Chem 265, 9904-8.
- Liu, D. et al. (2002) Cancer Cell 1, 445-57.
- Waltz, D.A. et al. (1997) J Clin Invest 100, 58-67.
- Blasi, F. and Sidenius, N. (2010) FEBS Lett 584, 1923-30.
- Mazar, A.P. et al. (2011) Curr Pharm Des 17, 1970-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.