Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MAPKAPK-5 (D70A10) Rabbit mAb #7419
|7419S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7419||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||58||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
MAPKAPK-5 (D70A10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total MAPKAPK-5 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MAPKAPK-2 or MAPKAPK-3.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly367 of human MAPKAPK-5 protein.
MAPKAPK-5 belongs to the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activated protein kinases (MK) subfamily that includes MAPKAPK-2/MK2 and MK3/3pK. The MK subfamily is part of a family of protein kinase subfamilies downstream of MAPK pathways and includes ribosomal S6 kinase (RSKs), mitogen and stress activated kinases (MSKs) and MAPK-interacting kinases (MNKs). All MKs are activated by MAPK pathways and mediate important processes (e.g. gene expression, cell cycle progression) and have been implicated in inflammation and cancer (1,2). MAPKAPK-5 shows binding to and activation by p38 MAPK and extracellular-regulated kinases (Erk) (3,4). MAPKAPK-5 was shown to be activated by Erk3 and act as a chaperone to Erk3 (5,6). While overexpressed MAPKAPK-5 shares similar substrates with MAPKAPK-2, such as HSP27 and glycogen synthase, recent work with MAPKAPK-5 knock-out mice indicates distinct substrates and functional properties (7).
- Roux, P.P. and Blenis, J. (2004) Microbio.l Mol. Biol. Rev. 68, 320-344.
- Gaestel, M. (2006) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 7, 120-130.
- New, L. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 3372-3384.
- Ni, H. et al. (1998) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 243, 492-496.
- Schumacher, S. et al. (2004) EMBO J. 23, 4770-4779.
- Seternes, O.M. et al. (2004) EMBO J. 23, 4780-4791.
- Shi, Y. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell Biol. 23, 7732-7741.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3042 MAPKAPK-2 Antibody
- 7421 MAPKAPK-3 (D54E4) Rabbit mAb
- 3043 MAPKAPK-3 Antibody
- 3316 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr222) (9A7) Rabbit mAb
- 3007 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb
- 4338 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4320 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 3041 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.