DescriptionChromosomes isolated from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, strain YPH80 embedded in 1% LMP agarose and supplied in a GelSyringe™ dispenser. Designed for use as size markers for pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFG). Size range: 225-1,900 kb.
Properties and Usage
Effective Size Range225,000bp to 1,900,000bp
0.25 mM EDTA
1% LMP agarose
pH 9.0 @ 25°C
Material Safety Datasheets
- Extrude agarose from GelSyringe carefully and slice plugs from the end with a sharp blade. One plug is sufficient for one lane of a gel. Place the plug at the front of the well and seal with molten agarose. Allow no bubbles to form.
- Recommended plug size is 20 µl (two small graduations on the syringe volume scale), which contains approximately 1 µg of DNA. Each syringe yields 25+ plugs.
- The photograph represents the pulsed field gel separation of Yeast Chromosomes using a CHEF apparatus. The 1% agarose gel was run at 6 volts/cm using pulse times of 70 seconds (15 hours) and 120 seconds (11 hours) at 15°C in 0.5X TBE buffer (50 mM Tris-HCl, 50 mM boric acid, 1 mM EDTA) made with Milli-Q™ water, allowing resolution of 15 of the 16 Yeast Chromosomes. Chromosomes VII and XV appear as a single band. Chromosome XII may display anomalous electrophoretic behavior.
- Bases Table: The roman numerals at the left of this table designate chromosome numbers.
- Carle, G. and Olson, M. (1985). Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 82, 3756.
- Mortimer, R. and Schild, D. (1985). Microbiol. Rev.. 49, 181.
- Claus, T. and Akbari, T. unpublished observation.