Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (7H11) Mouse mAb #2476
|2476S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2476||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Transfected Only||230||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (7H11) Mouse mAb detects transfected levels of VEGFR-2 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 951.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr951 of human VEGFR-2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from CKR/PAE cells expressing chimeric receptors containing human CSF-1 receptor extracellular binding domain/mouse VEGF receptor 2 intracellular domian (Rahimi, N. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 16986-16992), using Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (7H11) Mouse mAb.
Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2, KDR, Flk-1) is a major receptor for VEGF-induced signaling in endothelial cells. Upon ligand binding, VEGFR2 undergoes autophosphorylation and becomes activated (1). Major autophosphorylation sites of VEGFR2 are located in the kinase insert domain (Tyr951/996) and in the tyrosine kinase catalytic domain (Tyr1054/1059) (2). Activation of the receptor leads to rapid recruitment of adaptor proteins, including Shc, GRB2, PI3 kinase, NCK, and the protein tyrosine phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2 (3). Phosphorylation at Tyr1212 provides a docking site for GRB2 binding and phospho-Tyr1175 binds the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase and PLCγ, as well as Shb (1,4,5). Signaling from VEGFR2 is necessary for the execution of VEGF-stimulated proliferation, chemotaxis and sprouting, as well as survival of cultured endothelial cells in vitro and angiogenesis in vivo (6-8).
- Meyer, M. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 363-74.
- Dougher-Vermazen, M. et al. (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 205, 728-38.
- Kroll, J. and Waltenberger, J. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 32521-7.
- Takahashi, T. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 2768-78.
- Holmqvist, K. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 22267-75.
- Karkkainen, M.J. and Petrova, T.V. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5598-605.
- Rahimi, N. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 16986-92.
- Claesson-Welsh, L. (2003) Biochem Soc Trans 31, 20-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2904 VEGF Receptor 2 Control Proteins
- 8065 Human Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor-165 (hVEGF165 )
- 3770 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (D5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 2478 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1175) (19A10) Rabbit mAb
- 2479 VEGF Receptor 2 (55B11) Rabbit mAb
- 3817 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1059) (D5A6) Rabbit mAb
- 4991 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) (15D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2477 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr1212) (11A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2471 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr951) Antibody
- 2472 VEGF Receptor 2 Antibody
- 2474 Phospho-VEGF Receptor 2 (Tyr996) Antibody
- 2893 VEGF Receptor 1 Antibody
- 2638 VEGF Receptor 3 (C28G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2485 VEGF Receptor 3 Antibody
- 2463 VEGF-B Antibody
- 2445 VEGF-C Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.