Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Synapsin Antibody #2312
|2312S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2312||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||77 in mouse brain homogenate.||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Synapsin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total synapsin protein. This antibody is expected to recognize all synapsin isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser9 of human synapsin I. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Synapsins, a group of at least five related members (synapsins Ia, Ib, IIa, IIb, and IIIa), are abundant brain proteins essential for regulating neurotransmitter release (1,2). All synapsins contain a short amino-terminal domain that is highly conserved and phosphorylated by PKA or CaM kinase I (1). Phosphorylation of the synapsin amino-terminal domain at Ser9 inhibits its binding to phospholipids and dissociates synapsins from synaptic vesicles (2).
- Coufal, N.G. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 20382-7. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2302 DARPP-32 Antibody
- 2132 Parkin Antibody
- 2301 Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr75) Antibody
- 2311 Phospho-Synapsin (Ser9) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.