Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Synapsin Antibody #2312
|2312S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2312||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||77 in mouse brain homogenate.||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Synapsin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total synapsin protein. This antibody is expected to recognize all synapsin isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser9 of human synapsin I. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Synapsins, a group of at least five related members (synapsins Ia, Ib, IIa, IIb, and IIIa), are abundant brain proteins essential for regulating neurotransmitter release (1,2). All synapsins contain a short amino-terminal domain that is highly conserved and phosphorylated by PKA or CaM kinase I (1). Phosphorylation of the synapsin amino-terminal domain at Ser9 inhibits its binding to phospholipids and dissociates synapsins from synaptic vesicles (2).
- Coufal, N.G. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 20382-7. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2302 DARPP-32 Antibody
- 2132 Parkin Antibody
- 2301 Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr75) Antibody
- 2311 Phospho-Synapsin (Ser9) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.