Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
NuMA Antibody #3888
|3888S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3888||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
NuMA Antibody detects endogenous levels of total NuMA protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human NuMA.
The nuclear mitotic apparatus protein (NuMA) is a coiled coil protein involved in the formation and maintenance of the mitotic spindle. NuMA plays a role in chromatin organization during interphase, which influences mammary epithelial differentiation (1,2). During apoptosis, carboxy-terminal cleavage of NuMA may amplify signaling in the cell death pathway (2). NuMA is phosphorylated at numerous sites, with phosphorylation at Ser395 occurring in an ATM/ATR-dependent manner in response to DNA damage (3,4).
Phosphorylation at Thr2055 by CDK1 is required for spindle pole association of NuMA at the onset of mitosis. Dephosphorylation by PPP2CA leads to enhancement of NuMA at the cell cortex in anaphase and proper cell-cycle progression (5,6).
- Abad, P.C. et al. (2007) Mol Biol Cell 18, 348-61.
- Lin, H.H. et al. (2007) J Biomed Sci 14, 681-94.
- Stokes, M.P. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104, 19855-60.
- Matsuoka, S. et al. (2007) Science 316, 1160-6.
- Kotak, S. et al. (2013) EMBO J 32, 2517-29.
- Seldin, L. et al. (2013) Mol Biol Cell 24, 3651-62.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3429 Phospho-NuMA (Ser395) Antibody
- 14951 Phospho-NuMA (Thr2055) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.