Product Pathways - Metabolism
Perilipin (K117) Antibody #3467
|3467S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3467||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Perilipin (K117) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total perilipin/perilipin-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence around Lys117 of human perilipin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 and 3T3-L1 cells using Perilipin (K117) Antibody.
Triacylglycerol is stored in lipid droplets as a primary energy reserve. Perilipin is localized at the periphery of lipid droplets and serves as a protective coating against lipases (1-3). Evidence suggests that PKA regulates lipolysis by phosphorylating perilipin (1,2,4,5). Phosphorylation of perilipin results in the conformational change that exposes lipid droplets to endogenous lipases, such as hormone-sensitive lipases (2). Hence, perilipin plays a pivotal role in lipid storage (2,5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2439 ATGL (30A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2138 ATGL Antibody
- 2789 Adiponectin (C45B10) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2120 FABP4 Antibody
- 4107 HSL Antibody
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2443 PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2435 PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb
- 2430 PPARγ (D69) Antibody
- 9349 Perilipin (D1D8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3470 Perilipin (D418) Antibody
- 4139 Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.