Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
TAB2 (C88H10) Rabbit mAb #3745
|3745S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3745||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||80||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TAB2 (C88H10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of TAB2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu330 of human TAB2.
TAK1 is a mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase activated by TGF-β and various pro-inflammatory signals (1,2). In vivo, TAK1 activation requires its association with TAK1 binding protein 1 (TAB1), which triggers TAK1 autophosphorylation at Thr184 and Thr187 (3,4). The TAB2 adaptor protein links TAK1 with TRAF6 to mediate TAK1 activation following IL-1 stimulation (5). Once activated, TAK1 phosphorylates the MAPK kinases MKK4 and MKK3/6, which activate JNK and p38 MAPK, respectively. TAK1 and TRAF6 also activate the NF-κB pathway by phosphorylating the NF-κB inducing kinase (NIK) to trigger subsequent activation of IKK (2,6). In addition to TAK1, TAB1 interacts with and activates p38α MAPK (7). Targeted disruption of the TAB1 gene in mice causes a drastic reduction in TAK1 activity and leads to embryonic lethality (8).
- Yamaguchi, K. et al. (1995) Science 270, 2008-2011.
- Ninomiya-Tsuji, J. et al. (1999) Nature 398, 252-256.
- Shibuya, H. et al. (1996) Science 272, 1179-1182.
- Sakurai, H. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett. 474, 141-145.
- Takaesu, G. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 4, 649-658.
- Wang, C. et al. (2001) Nature 412, 346-351.
- Ge, B. et al. (2002) Science 295, 1291-1294.
- Komatsu, Y. et al. (2002) Mech. Dev. 119, 239-249.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8155 Phospho-TAB2 (Ser372) (D5A4) Rabbit mAb
- 4508 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) (90C7) Rabbit mAb
- 4531 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 3226 TAB1 (C25E9) Rabbit mAb
- 4505 TAK1 Antibody
- 3013 TBK1/NAK Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.