Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb #2840
|2840S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2840P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2840||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||45||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Oct-4A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the amino terminus of human Oct-4A.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NTERA2 and mouse embryonic stem cells (mESCs) using Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of NTERA2 (left) and mouse embryonic stem cells growing on mouse embryonic fibroblast (MEF) feeder cells (right) using Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells (blue) and NCCIT cells (green) using Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb.
Oct-4 (POU5F1) is a transcription factor highly expressed in undifferentiated embryonic stem cells and embryonic germ cells (1). A network of key factors that includes Oct-4, Nanog, and Sox2 is necessary for the maintenance of pluripotent potential, and downregulation of Oct-4 has been shown to trigger cell differentiation (2,3). Research studies have demonstrated that Oct-4 is a useful germ cell tumor marker (4). Oct-4 exists as two splice variants, Oct-4A and Oct-4B (5). Recent studies have suggested that the Oct-4A isoform has the ability to confer and sustain pluripotency, while Oct-4B may exist in some somatic, non-pluripotent cells (6,7).
- Looijenga, L.H. et al. (2003) Cancer Res 63, 2244-50.
- Pesce, M. and Schöler, H.R. (2001) Stem Cells 19, 271-278.
- Pan, G. and Thomson, J.A. (2007) Cell Res 17, 42-9.
- Cheng, L. et al. (2007) J Pathol 211, 1-9.
- Takeda, J. et al. (1992) Nucleic Acids Res 20, 4613-20.
- Cauffman, G. et al. (2006) Stem Cells 24, 2685-91.
- Lee, J. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 33554-65.
- Kregel, S. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e53701. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2890 Oct-4A (C52G3) Rabbit mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 2748 Sox2 Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.