Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Ku80 (C48E7) Rabbit mAb #2180
|2180S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2180P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2180||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||86||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IHC-F=Immunohistochemistry (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ku80 (C48E7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Ku80 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of human Ku80.
Western blot analysis of cell extracts from HeLa, A549 and COS cells using Ku80 (C48E7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human glioblastoma using Ku80 (C48E7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Ku80 (C48E7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human melanoma using Ku80 (C48E7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human GIST using Ku80 (C48E7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen SKOV-3 xenograft using Ku80 (C48E7) Rabbit mAb.
Ku is a heterodimeric protein composed of two subunits (Ku70 and Ku80) originally identified by researchers as autoantigens associated with several autoimmune diseases including scleroderma, polymyositis, and systemic lupus erythematosus (1). Ku is an abundant, ubiquitously expressed nuclear protein that binds to and stabilizes the ends of DNA at telomeres or double-stranded DNA breaks (2-5). The Ku70/Ku80 heterodimer has ATP-dependent DNA helicase activity and functions as the DNA-binding regulatory component of DNA-dependent protein kinase (DNA-PK) (6-8). The assembly of the DNA-PK complex at DNA ends is required for nonhomologous end-joining (NHEJ), one mechanism involved in double-stranded DNA break repair and V(D)J recombination (8). DNA-PK has been shown to phosphorylate many proteins, including p53, serum response factor, c-Jun, c-Fos, c-Myc, Oct-1, Sp-1, and RNA polymerase II (1,8). The combined activities of Ku70/Ku80 and DNA-PK implicate Ku in many cellular functions, including cell cycle regulation, DNA replication and repair, telomere maintenance, recombination, and transcriptional activation.
- Tuteja, R. and Tuteja, N. (2000) Crit. Rev. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 35, 1-33.
- Blier, P.R. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268, 7594-7601.
- Jin, S. and Weaver, D.T. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 6874-6885.
- Boulton, S.J. and Jackson, S.P. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 1819-1828.
- Gravel, S. et al. (1998) Science 280, 741-744.
- Cao, Q.P. et al. (1994) Biochemistry 33, 8548-8557.
- Lees-Miller, S.P. et al. (1990) Mol. Cell Biol. 10, 6472-6481.
- Collis, S.J. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 949-961.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9010 BRCA1 Antibody
- 9012 BRCA2 Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2662 Chk2 Antibody
- 4602 DNA-PK Antibody
- 2753 Ku80 Antibody
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 2853 Phospho-ATR (Ser428) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 2527 p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb
- 9282 p53 Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.