Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184) Antibody #4537
|4537S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4537||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Xenopus, Zebrafish, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-TAK 1(Thr184) Antibody detects endogenous levels of TAK1 only when phosphorylated at threonine 184.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr184 of human TAK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and affinity chromatography.
TAK1 is a mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase that can be activated by TGF-β, bone morphogenetic protein and other cytokines including IL-1 (1,2). In vivo activation of TAK1 requires association with TAK1 binding protein 1 (TAB1), which triggers phosphorylation of TAK1 (3,4). Another adaptor protein, TAB2, links TAK1 with TRAF6 and mediates TAK1 activation upon IL-1 stimulation (5). Once activated, TAK1 phosphorylates MAPK kinases MKK4 and MKK3/6, which activate p38 MAPK and JNK, respectively. In addition, TAK1 activates the NF-κB pathway by interacting with TRAF6 and phosphorylating the NF-κB inducing kinase (NIK) (2).
TAK1 activation requires multiple phosphorylations in its activation loop. Mutation of Thr187 and Thr184, residues located in the activation loop of TAK1, impairs phosphorylation of both TAK1 and TAB1 and reduces the kinase activity of TAK1, suggesting that autophosphorylation of these residues is necessary for TAK1 activation (4).
- Yamaguchi, K. et al. (1995) Science 270, 2008-2011.
- Ninomiya-Tsuji, J. et al. (1999) Nature 398, 252-256.
- Shibuya, H. et al. (1996) Science 272, 1179-1182.
- Sakurai, H. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett. 474, 141-145.
- Takaesu, G. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 4, 649-658.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4508 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) (90C7) Rabbit mAb
- 4531 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) Antibody
- 4536 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr187) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 5206 TAK1 (D94D7) Rabbit mAb
- 4505 TAK1 Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.