Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IKKβ (D30C6) Rabbit mAb #8943
|8943S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8943||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||87||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
IKKβ (D30C6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IKKβ protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other IKK family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human IKKβ protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using IKKβ (D30C6) Rabbit mAb.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state, complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Most agents that activate NF-κB do so through a common pathway based on phosphorylation-induced, proteasome-mediated degradation of IκB (3-7). The key regulatory step in this pathway involves activation of a high molecular weight IκB kinase (IKK) complex whose catalysis is generally carried out by three tightly associated IKK subunits. IKKα and IKKβ serve as the catalytic subunits of the kinase and IKKγ serves as the regulatory subunit (8,9). Activation of IKK depends upon phosphorylation at Ser177 and Ser181 in the activation loop of IKKβ (Ser176 and Ser180 in IKKα), which causes conformational changes, resulting in kinase activation (10-13).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Zandi, E. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 243-52.
- Karin, M. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6867-74.
- DiDonato, J.A. et al. (1997) Nature 388, 548-54.
- Mercurio, F. et al. (1997) Science 278, 860-6.
- Johnson, L.N. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 149-58.
- Delhase, M. et al. (1999) Science 284, 309-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 2370 IKKβ (2C8) Rabbit mAb
- 2684 IKKβ Antibody
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2697 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb
- 2694 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) Antibody II
- 2689 Phospho-IKKγ (Ser376) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 6377 SignalSilence® IKKβ siRNA I
- 6378 SignalSilence® IKKβ siRNA II
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.