Product SourceAn E. coli strain that carries the XhoI gene from Xanthomonas holcicola (ATCC 13461).
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
Properties and Usage
Unit DefinitionOne unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to digest 1 µg of λ DNA (HindIII digest) fragments in 1 hour at 37°C in a total reaction volume of 50 µl.
1X CutSmart® Buffer
Incubate at 37°C
1X CutSmart® Buffer:
50 mM Potassium Acetate
20 mM Tris-acetate
10 mM Magnesium Acetate
100 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.9 @ 25°C
Activity in NEBuffersNEBuffer 1.1: 75%
NEBuffer 2.1: 100%
NEBuffer 3.1: 100%
CutSmart® Buffer: 100%
10 mM Tris-HCl
50 mM KCl
1 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
200 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.4 @ 25°C
Heat Inactivation65°C for 20 min
dam methylation: Not Sensitive
dcm methylation: Not Sensitive
CpG Methylation: Impaired
Quality Control AssaysThe following Quality Control Tests are performed on each new lot and meet the specifications designated for the product. Individual lot data can be found on the Product Summary Sheet/Datacard or Manual which can be found in the Supporting Documents section of this page. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
- Blue-White Screening (Terminal Integrity):
A sample of DNA vector linearized with a 10-fold excess of a restriction endonuclease, religated and transformed into an E. coli strain expressing the LacZ beta fragment gene results in less than 1% white colonies.
- Endonuclease Activity (Nicking):
The product is tested in a reaction containing a supercoiled DNA substrate. After incubation for 4 hours the percent converted to the nicked form is determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Exonuclease Activity (Radioactivity Release):
The product is tested in a reaction containing a radiolabeled mixture of single and double-stranded DNA. After incubation for 4 hours the exonuclease activity is determined by the % release of radioactive nucleotides.
- Ligation and Recutting (Terminal Integrity):
After an over-digestion of DNA with a restriction endonuclease the percentage of the DNA fragments ligated with T4 DNA ligase and the percentage that can be recut are determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Non-Specific DNase Activity (16 hour):
The product is tested for non-specific nuclease degradation in a reaction containing a DNA substrate. After incubation for 16 hours there is no detectable degradation of the DNA substrate as determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
Licensed Under U.S. Patent No. 5,231,021 This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
- XhoI is an isoschizomer of PaeR7I.
- This enzyme has shown to have lower activity on some supercoiled plasmids, with more than 1 unit required to digest 1 μg plasmid DNA. For complete digestion of 1 μg of plasmid DNA please follow our recommended digestion protocol.
- Why isn't XhoI cutting?
- Does XhoI produce commonly used compatible ends?
- How does XhoI differ from its isoschizomer, PaeR71?
- What is the molecular weight of XhoI?
- What is the activity of XhoI at 25°C?
- What effect does BSA have on the performance of NEB’s restriction enzymes when included in the new buffers?
- Do I have to set-up digests with Time-Saver™ qualified enzymes for 5-15 minutes? Can I digest longer?
- How can I access the old NEBuffer Activity Chart?
- Why do I see additional DNA bands on my gel after a restriction digest?
- Why do I see a DNA smear on an agarose gel after a restriction digest?
- Why is my Restriction Enzyme not cutting DNA?
- How many nucleotides do I have to add adjacent to the RE recognition site in order to get efficient cutting?