|2.000 units ( 20000 units/ml )||-||Unavailable in your region|
|10.000 units ( 20000 units/ml )||-||Unavailable in your region|
DraI has been reformulated with Recombinant Albumin (rAlbumin) beginning with Lot #10184088. Learn more.
DraI has been reformulated with Recombinant Albumin (rAlbumin) beginning with Lot #10184088. Learn more.We are excited to announce that all reaction buffers are now BSA-free. NEB began switching our BSA-containing reaction buffers in April 2021 to buffers containing Recombinant Albumin (rAlbumin) for restriction enzymes and some DNA modifying enzymes. Find more details at www.neb.com/BSA-free.
- Time-Saver™ qualified for digestion in 5-15 minutes
- 100% activity in rCutSmart™ Buffer (over 210 enzymes are available in the same buffer) allowing for easier double digests
- Supplied with 1 vial of Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X)
- Restriction Enzyme Cut Site: TTT/AAA
Featured VideosView Video Library
Reduce Star Activity with High-Fidelity Restriction Enzymes
TIME-SAVER™ Protocol for Restriction Enzyme Digests
NEB® TV Ep. 15 – Applications of Restriction Enzymes
Restriction Enzyme Digest Protocol: Cutting Close to DNA End
Restriction Enzyme Digestion Problem: DNA Smear on Agarose Gel
Why is My Restriction Enzyme Not Cutting DNA?
Restriction Enzyme Digest Problem: Too Many DNA Bands
Double Digestion with NEBcloner
Product SourceAn E. coli strain that carries the DraI gene from Deinococcus radiophilus (ATCC 27603).
- This product is related to the following categories:
- Restriction Endonucleases C G Products,
- Time-Saver Qualified Restriction Enzymes Products,
- This product can be used in the following applications:
- Fast Cloning: Accelerate your cloning workflows with reagents from NEB,
- Restriction Enzyme Digestion
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|NEB #||Component Name||Component #||Stored at (°C)||Amount||Concentration|
Properties & Usage
Unit DefinitionOne unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to digest 1 µg of λ DNA in 1 hour at 37°C in a total reaction volume of 50 µl.
1X rCutSmart™ Buffer
Incubate at 37°C
1X rCutSmart™ Buffer
50 mM Potassium Acetate
20 mM Tris-acetate
10 mM Magnesium Acetate
100 µg/ml Recombinant Albumin
(pH 7.9 @ 25°C)
Activity in NEBuffersNEBuffer™ r1.1: 75%
NEBuffer™ r2.1: 75%
NEBuffer™ r3.1: 50%
rCutSmart™ Buffer: 100%
10 mM Tris-HCl
50 mM KCl
1 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
200 µg/ml Recombinant Albumin
pH 7.4 @ 25°C
Heat Inactivation65°C for 20 minutes
dam methylation: Not Sensitive
dcm methylation: Not Sensitive
CpG Methylation: Not Sensitive
- DraI is an isoschizomer of AhaIII.
- Not sensitive to CpG, dcm, or dam methylation.
Protocols, Manuals & Usage
Usage & Guidelines
- Activity at 37°C for Restriction Enzymes with Alternate Incubation Temperatures
- Activity of Restriction Enzymes in PCR Buffers
- Cleavage Close to the End of DNA Fragments
- Digestion of Agarose-Embedded DNA: Info for Specific Enzymes
- Double Digests
- Effects of CpG Methylation on Restriction Enzyme Cleavage
- Heat Inactivation
- NEBuffer Activity/Performance Chart with Restriction Enzymes
- Optimizing Restriction Endonuclease Reactions
- Restriction Endonucleases - Survival in a Reaction
- Restriction Enzyme Diluent Buffer Compatibility
- Restriction Enzyme Tips
- Single Letter Codes
- Star Activity
- Traditional Cloning Quick Guide
Tools & Resources
- Alphabetized List of Recognition Sequences
- Compatible Cohesive Ends and Generation of New Restriction Sites
- Dam-Dcm and CpG Methylation
- Frequencies of Restriction Sites
- Isoelectric Points (pI) for Restriction Enzymes
- NEB Diluent and Buffer Table
- Recleavable Blunt Ends
- Time-Saver™ Qualified Enzymes
- Why Choose Recombinant Enzymes?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Does DraI have trouble cleaving PCR products?
- Is DraI active at 25°C?
- Do I have to set-up digests with Time-Saver™ qualified enzymes for 5-15 minutes? Can I digest longer?
- I tested your restriction enzyme on the substrate DNA recommended by NEB, and it appears to be active, however it does not digest my DNA. What could be the reason?
- Which NEB restriction enzymes are supplied with Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X)?
- Is this enzyme sensitive to dam, dcm or mammalian CpG methylation?
- Are there any properties of DraI that make it difficult to use?
- Can you tell me more about the switch from BSA to Recombinant Albumin (rAlbumin) in NEBuffers?
Citations & Technical Literature
Quality, Safety & Legal
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
Specification Change Notifications
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality controls for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X)
Legal and DisclaimersProducts and content are covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB). The use of trademark symbols does not necessarily indicate that the name is trademarked in the country where it is being read; it indicates where the content was originally developed. The use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third-party intellectual property rights for certain applications. For more information, please email [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
New England Biolabs (NEB) is committed to practicing ethical science – we believe it is our job as researchers to ask the important questions that when answered will help preserve our quality of life and the world that we live in. However, this research should always be done in safe and ethical manner. Learn more.
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.