Fast DNA LadderProduct information
|50 gel lanes ( 25 µg/ml )||-||Unavailable in your region|
DescriptionThe Fast DNA ladder is a pre-mixed, ready-to-load molecular weight marker containing xylene cyanol FF dye as a tracking dye. The DNA Ladder consists of proprietary plasmids, which are digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes to yield 11 bands suitable for use as molecular weight standards for fast electrophoresis systems as well as standard electrophoresis. The digested DNA includes fragments ranging from 50 base pairs to 10 kilobases. The 1 kb fragment has increased intensity to serve as a reference band. This DNA Ladder has been tested and is suitable for use with many fast electrophoresis systems, such as the FlashGel® DNA System from Lonza or the E-Gel® Precast Agarose Electrophoresis System from Invitrogen2 (see notes below for more details).
Properties and Usage
Effective Size Range50bp to 10,002bp
0.002% Xylene Cyanol
5 mM Tris-HCl
5 mM EDTA
pH 8.0 @ 25°C
Research Use Only
- FlashGel® is a registered trademark of Lonza.
E-Gel® is a registered trademark of Life Technologies.
- The purchase of this product conveys to the user the non-transferable right to use the purchased amount of product for Research Use Only. Commercial use of this product may require a license from New England Biolabs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Fast DNA Ladder
- Preparation: The double-stranded DNA is digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes, phenol extracted and equilibrated in storage buffer.
- Usage Recommendation: For standard electrophoresis applications: we recommend loading 20 µl (0.5 µg) of the Fast DNA Ladder per gel lane. The best separation occurs on a 1.2% agarose gel. Below 1%, the 50 bp fragment may not separate from the 150 bp fragment. The Fast DNA Ladder is not intended for precise quantification of DNA mass but can be used for approximating the mass DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
For use on fast electrophoresis systems: follow the loading recommendations of the system’s manufacturer (5 to 20 µl). The Fast DNA Ladder is suitable for use on the FlashGel® System from Lonza (1.2% gel) or on the E-Gel® system from Invitrogen. This DNA Ladder has been tested and is suitable for FlashGel® 1.2% gels, E-Gel® 0.8, 1.2 and 2% gels with ethidium bromide or SYBR dye. This DNA ladder is also suitable for the E-Gel® EX 1% and 2% gels, the E-Gel® NGS, the E-Gel® SizeSelect and the E-Gel® CloneWell gels, but may require a ½ to ¼ dilution in water for optimum results.
- Fast DNA Ladder is stable for at least 6 months at 25°C.
- For long term storage. Store at 4°C or -20°C. If stored at -20°C, mix well after thawing.
- Sambrook, J., Fritsch, E. F. and Maniatis, T. (1989). Cold Spring Harbor(Ed.), Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, (2nd ed.). 10.51-10.67. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press.
- How much Fast DNA Ladder should I load on a gel?
- What percentage of agarose gel should I use?
- Can I store it at -20°C?
- Can I use GelRed with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Can I use SYBR® with the DNA Ladders from NEB?
- Why are there extra bands visible on polyacrylamide gels?
- Does the Fast DNA ladder work with the FlashGel® DNA System or the E-Gel® Precast Agarose Electrophoresis System?
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.