WarmStart® Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix (DNA & RNA)Product information
WarmStart Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix (DNA & RNA)
|100 rxns ( 2 X )||-||Unavailable in your region|
WarmStart Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix (DNA & RNA)
|500 rxns ( 2 X )||-||Unavailable in your region|
Applicable for COVID-19 research
Many scientists are working very hard to gain more knowledge about the SARS-CoV-2 virus (previously 2019-nCoV) and develop diagnostic tests, treatments and vaccines. Crucial questions about this coronavirus need to be answered so quick and reliable research tools matter now more than ever. We at BIOKÉ support the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic by offering a range of high quality products for virus research, from viral purification kits to qPCR plates, together with our reliable technical support.
Simple, one-step solution for Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) of DNA or RNA (RT-LAMP) targets
- Fast, clear pink-to-yellow visible detection of amplification
- WarmStart® feature inhibits activity at room temperature
- Learn how Colorimetric LAMP was used for rapid detection of coronavirus (COVID-19) RNA in our recent publication
- Offered with dUTP and UDG for carryover contamination prevention (NEB #M1804)
- Learn more about how RT-LAMP is being used for rapid COVID-19 screening
Negative reactions are indicated in pink and positive reactions are indicated by a change to yellow.
Featured VideosView Video Library
Loop Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) Tutorial
Reagents and technologies to address public health & pandemic response
NEB TV Ep. 23 – Colorimetric LAMP in point-of-care diagnostics
The WarmStart Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix is an optimized formulation of Bst 2.0 WarmStart DNA Polymerase and WarmStart RTx in a special low-buffer reaction solution containing a visible pH indicator for rapid and easy detection of Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) and RT-LAMP reactions. This system is designed to provide a fast, clear visual detection of amplification based on the production of protons and subsequent drop in pH that occurs from the extensive DNA polymerase activity in a LAMP reaction, producing a change in solution color from pink to yellow (an overview of LAMP and primer design can be found in our video library, https://www.neb.com/tools-and-resources/video-library). This mix can be used for any LAMP or RT-LAMP reaction and requires only a heated chamber and samples, with readout of positive amplification judged by eye in 15–40 minutes.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|NEB #||Component Name||Component #||Stored at (°C)||Amount||Concentration|
- Product Categories:
- Isothermal Amplification & Strand Displacement Products
Advantages and Features
- LAMP amplification of RNA and DNA targets
- Simple visual indication of amplification for easy detection and analysis
- One-step field and point-of-need LAMP reactions
- Easy demonstration of LAMP assays with built-in detection
Properties & Usage
Protocols, Manuals & Usage
Tools & Resources
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- What is the difference between using Colorimetric LAMP and regular LAMP reactions?
- How long should I incubate the Colorimetric LAMP reaction before checking the results?
- What components are contained in the WarmStart® Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix and what else do I need to perform a LAMP reaction?
- What is the optimal LAMP amplification temperature using this master mix?
- What is the Mg++ concentration in the Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix?
- Can the Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix be used in instruments that utilize fluorescent detection of DNA amplification or real time turbidity measurement?
- How do I design LAMP Primers?
- The WarmStart Colorimetric LAMP Master Mix has some precipitation in the tube after thawing, is this a problem?
- Can the Colorimetric LAMP Master Mix be used in instruments that utilize fluorescent detection of DNA amplification or real time turbidity measurement?
- How stable are the WarmStart Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mixes?
- What buffer should I use for my target samples and primers going into the colorimetric LAMP reaction?
- What components are contained in the WarmStart Colorimetric LAMP Master Mix and what else I need to perform a LAMP reaction?
- What is the difference between the WarmStart® Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix with UDG (NEB #M1804) and the WarmStart Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix (DNA & RNA) (NEB #M1800)?
- What if my colorimetric LAMP mix is orange instead of pink prior to amplification?
- Should I use Guanidine HCl (B2619A) in colorimetric LAMP reactions?
- How much sample can be added to the colorimetric LAMP reaction as input?
- Can I monitor the color change of the colorimetric LAMP reactions using a spectrophotometer?
- Can the WarmStart Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mixes be used in instruments that utilize fluorescence detection or real time turbidity measurements?
Citations & Technical Literature
Quality, Safety & Legal
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality controls for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
WarmStart® Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix (DNA & RNA)
Legal and DisclaimersThis product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
New England Biolabs (NEB) is committed to practicing ethical science – we believe it is our job as researchers to ask the important questions that when answered will help preserve our quality of life and the world that we live in. However, this research should always be done in safe and ethical manner. Learn more.
Licensed under U.S Patent Nos. 7,374,913; 7,851,186; 7,846,695 including all foreign counterparts thereof and Patent Nos. EP 1,275,715; EP2,253,717; JP 4,726,381; ZL 01810370.7; BR 0015382. The purchase of this product conveys to the purchaser the limited, non-transferable right to use the purchased product to perform loop-mediated amplification (“LAMP”) and reverse transcription loop-mediated amplification (“RT-LAMP”) for research use only. LAMP is a patented technology belonging to Eiken Chemical Co., Ltd and any other use other than research may require a license from Eiken Chemical Co., Ltd.
Nucleic acid-based aptamers for use with thermophilic DNA polymerases and reverse transcriptase are licensed exclusively by New England Biolabs, Inc. from SomaLogic, Inc. New England Biolabs, Inc. gives the Buyer/User a non-exclusive license to use the WarmStart® Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix (DNA & RNA) for Research Use Only (RUO). Commercial use of this product may require a license from New England Biolabs, Inc. For additional information or to inquire about commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Products You May Be Interested In
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.