Amersham Typhoon NIR PlusProduct information
Applicable for COVID-19 research
Many scientists are working very hard to gain more knowledge about the SARS-CoV-2 virus (previously 2019-nCoV) and develop diagnostic tests, treatments and vaccines. Crucial questions about this coronavirus need to be answered so quick and reliable research tools matter now more than ever. We at BIOKÉ support the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic by offering a range of high quality products for virus research, from viral purification kits to qPCR plates, together with our reliable technical support.
Amersham Typhoon NIR Plus
The NIR Plus laser scanner saves times by detecting up to three proteins, nucleic acids, or other biomolecules in a single blot. This scanner has 3 lasers to detect both NIR and green labeled antibodies.
- Time saving: visualize 2 target proteins, including normalization with a housekeeping gene or total lane protein, in a single blot
- Versatility: image multifluorescent-labeled, and colorimetric samples on gels, membranes, microplates, culture dishes, and tissue sections*
- Infrared and visible fluorescence imaging: use near-infrared (NIR) excitation to image IRDye™ and other infrared dyes; also has green channel
- Accurate quantitation: detect signals from very low levels (pg) of protein and differences across a dynamic range with greater than 5 orders of magnitude
- High resolution: resolve fine details in your sample with a pixel resolution of 10 µm
- High sample throughput: maximize efficiency using 40 × 46 cm scanning area to simultaneously image up to 20 gels or blots (10 × 8 cm) or 9 multiwell plates
- Ease of use: auto- and semi auto-scan functions, automatic filter recognition, and modular access make system well suited to multiuser environments
- Open data format: output image files are compatible with other open platform analysis software, such as Image
* Depending on the sample format, additional accessories might be needed for the best performance.
Visible and infrared fluorescent gel imaging system
Amersham Typhoon NIR Plus is a versatile laser scanner for detecting up to three biomolecules in gels, blots, and other sample types. It has the same capabilities as the Typhoon 5 model, except it does not have red and blue fluorescent imaging or phosphor imaging functionalities. Typhoon NIR Plus supports the following imaging modes:
- Near-infrared fluorescent imaging for NIR fluorescent Western blotting and other applications
- Visible fluorescence imaging in green channel to support multiplex fluorescence imaging with NIR channels
- Imaging of multiplex fluorescent Western blots, using ECL Plex and/or other fluorophore-labeled antibodies
- Optical densitometry for quantitation of colorimetrically-stained samples (e.g., Coomassie™ blue; silver stain)†
- Chemiluminescence imaging that does not require maximum sensitivity (dark scan function)
† Requires OD Plate AmTyphoon, 29191517
Near-infrared fluorescent imaging
This visible and infrared fluorescent gel imaging system is equipped with 2 NIR lasers that enable NIR fluorescent Western blotting. The two NIR lasers, optimized optics, and a new detector enable multiplex Western blotting with high sensitivity and wide dynamic range.
Multiplex fluorescence imaging applications
This Typhoon imager is optimized for multiplex fluorescence imaging with NIR and green channels. Typhoon NIR Plus provides precise quantitation of Western blotting, ECL Plex imaging, and nucleic acid detection.
Multiplex capabilities allow for simultaneous detection of three proteins in the same gel or blot; two proteins in the NIR channels, and one protein in the green visible channel. Detection can be performed with primary antibodies from up to three different species. Total lane normalization is accomplished through fluorescent reagents, such as Amersham QuickStain.
This Typhoon imager is fully upgradable to the Amersham Typhoon 5 model. Alternatively, red, blue, and phosphor imaging functionality can be added separately or in combination.
|Parameter||Amersham Typhoon NIR Plus|
|Detection Modes||Fluorescence, densitometry, and chemiluminescence (Dark scan)|
|Dynamic Range||> 5 orders of magnitude|
|Lasers||SHG532, LD685, LD785|
|Operating Humidity||20% to 70%, RH (no dew condensation)|
|Pixel Size||10, 25, 50, 100 or 200 μm and a 1000 μm pre-scan|
|Power consumption||Approx. 0.3 kVA|
|Scanning Area||40 x 46 cm|
|Standard Filters||Cy3 Fltr 570BP20, IRshort Fltr 720BP20, IRlong Filtr 825BP30|
|Voltage||AC100—240V~, Voltage variation±10%|
|Model||Typhoon NIR Plus|
Request more information