Antibody ValidationProduct information
What does Antibody Validation Mean at Cell Signaling Technology?
Scientists at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) follow a stringent Validation Protocol, using a combination of several approaches and applications, to provide you with the highest quality antibodies. This ensures credible and reproducible results with the least expenditure of your costly time, samples and reagents.
Cell Signaling Technology Antibody Validation Includes
Testing In A Number Of Applications to help you choose the antibody that works best in your intended application.
- Western blot
- Confocal immunofluorescence
- Flow cytometry
- Sandwich ELISA
Verifying Specificity And Reproducibility to ensure that the antibody performs consistently in all applications specified.
- Treatment of cells with appropriate kinase-specific activators and/or inhibitors to verify specificity
- Analysis of a large panel of cell lines with known target expression levels to confirm target specificity
- Phosphatase treatment to verify phospho-specificity
- Comparison of antibody to isotype control
- Verify target-specific signal in transfected cells, knock-out cells or siRNA-treated cells
- Blocking with antigen peptide to eliminate all signal
- Verify correct subcellular localization or treatment-induced translocation
- Side by side comparison of a new lot with previous lots to ensure lot-to-lot consistency
Identifying Optimal Conditions to save your precious time, samples and reagents.
- Optimal dilutions and buffers predetermined
- Positive and negative control cell extracts specified
- Detailed protocols already optimized
|Treatment of C6 (rat glioma) cells with kinase-specific inhibitors to verify specificity.|
Click here to find more information.
No supporting documents available
This product has no supporting documents available for download. If you feel like supporting documents should be available for this product, please contact us.