β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)Product information
Product Pathways - Development
β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen) #9587
|9587S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9587T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9587||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||92||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IHC-F=Immunohistochemistry (Frozen), ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Xenopus, Bovine, Dog, Pig, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Beta-Catenin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total β-catenin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminus of human β-catenin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of total cell extracts from 293 and NIH/3T3 cells using β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human clear cell carcinoma, using β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Apc (Min/+) mouse intestinal adenoma using β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen) in the presence of control peptide (left) or beta-Catenin blocking peptide #1002 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen HCC827 xenograft using beta-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HCT116 cells and either 20 μl of β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen) or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using using SimpleChIP® Human Axin2 Intron 1 Primers #8973, SimpleChIP® Human CaMK2D Intron 3 Primers #5111, human c-Myc promoter primers and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev 11, 3286-305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr Opin Genet Dev 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 1066-76.
- Liu, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-47.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 1733-42.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev 10, 1443-54.
- Morin, P.J. et al. (1997) Science 275, 1787-90.
- Joost, S. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 88-99. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells), Western Blotting.
- Lingwood, D. et al. (2011) Nat Chem Biol 7, 260-2. Applications: IHC-FL (floating/frozen).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9030 Acetyl-β-Catenin (Lys49) (D7C2) Rabbit mAb
- 9534 Acetyl-β-Catenin (Lys49) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 8814 Non-phospho (Active) β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) (D13A1) Rabbit mAb
- 4270 Non-phospho (Active) β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 19807 Non-phospho (Active) β-Catenin (Ser45) (D2U8Y) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 2009 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37) Antibody
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9564 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody
- 5651 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) (D8E11) Rabbit mAb
- 9566 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) Antibody
- 4176 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) (D2F1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9567 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8480 β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 1002 β-Catenin Blocking Peptide
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.