Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate)Product information
|100 µl (50 tests)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #6908
|6908S||100 µl (50 tests)||---||In Stock||---|
|6908||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|F||1:50||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, D. melanogaster, Pig, S. cerevisiae||Endogenous||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot using the unconjugated antibody.
Applications Key: F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Mink, Zebrafish, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of p38 MAPK only when dually phosphorylated at Thr180 and Tyr182. This antibody does not cross-react with the phosphorylated forms of either p42/44 MAPK or SAPK/JNK.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr180/Tyr182 of human p38 MAPK protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to phycoerythrin (PE) and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry analysis in human cells. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb #9215.
p38 MAP kinase (MAPK), also called RK (1) or CSBP (2), is the mammalian orthologue of the yeast HOG kinase that participates in a signaling cascade controlling cellular responses to cytokines and stress (1-4). Four isoforms of p38 MAPK, p38α, β, γ (also known as Erk6 or SAPK3), and δ (also known as SAPK4) have been identified. Similar to the SAPK/JNK pathway, p38 MAPK is activated by a variety of cellular stresses including osmotic shock, inflammatory cytokines, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), UV light, and growth factors (1-5). MKK3, MKK6, and SEK activate p38 MAPK by phosphorylation at Thr180 and Tyr182. Activated p38 MAPK has been shown to phosphorylate and activate MAPKAP kinase 2 (3) and to phosphorylate the transcription factors ATF-2 (5), Max (6), and MEF2 (5-8).
SB203580 (4-(4-fluorophenyl)-2-(4-methylsulfinylphenyl)-5-(4-pyridyl)-imidazole) is a selective inhibitor of p38 MAPK. This compound inhibits the activation of MAPKAPK-2 by p38 MAPK and subsequent phosphorylation of HSP27 (9). SB203580 inhibits p38 MAPK catalytic activity by binding to the ATP-binding pocket, but does not inhibit phosphorylation of p38 MAPK by upstream kinases (10).
- Rouse, J. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1027-37.
- Han, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 808-11.
- Lee, J.C. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 739-46.
- Freshney, N.W. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1039-49.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 7420-6.
- Zervos, A.S. et al. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92, 10531-4.
- Zhao, M. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 21-30.
- Yang, S.H. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 4028-38.
- Cuenda, A. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett 364, 229-33.
- Kumar, S. et al. (1999) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263, 825-31.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5755 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (G9) Mouse mAb (PE Conjugate)
- 4551 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4552 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 9215 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 4511 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2371 p38α MAPK (7D6) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.