MARS Technology from Applied CellsProduct information
Applied Cells proprietary innovative MARS platform, short named after “Multi-physics Automated Reconfigurable Separation”, is ideal for high-throughput, high-efficiency, high-recovery, automated cell separation and sample preparation. Modular design of MARS with both Acoustic and Magnetic separation technology allows flexible configurations to meet versatile workflows for rare cell analysis, immune cell profiling, and cell therapy, with capabilities including target cell enrichment, cell purification, and cell concentration.
The integrated sample prep and magnetic separation modules enables cell wash, concentration, and separation in one, fully automated workflow. The system offers high cell recovery, which means fewer days for cell expansion, shortening the vein-to-vein time. The matrix-free magnetic column reduces dead volume and trappage while the gentle processing of cells reduces exhaustion.
MARS Technology & Platforms
The innovative MARS platform, short-named after “Multi-physics Automated Reconfigurable Separation”, is ideal for high-throughput, high-efficiency, high-recovery, automated cell separation and sample preparation. Modular design of MARS allows flexible configurations with both Acoustic and Magnetic separation technology to meet versatile workflows.
MARS active-microfluidics acoustics allow for label-free immune cells separation from lysed cell debris, dead cells, and other small particles. The acoustic force within MARS® CPC (Cell Processing Chip) separates particles with high speed based on differences in their physical parameters (size, etc.). The CPC is tunable to preferably enrich desired cells. Isolated cells are ready for single-cell phenotypic and genomic analysis as well as expansion
MARS immuno-magnetic separation modules separate cells bound to magnetic beads from cells unbound to magnetic beads in flow channels, without the need for dedicated columns. No matrix means that the dead volume is reduced, and a minimal number of cells are trapped in the system, leading to unprecedented recovery.
Built-in release cycle programmed to cyclically release cells bound to magnetic beads to the positive fraction offers an unlimited cell capacity and prevents clogging.
- Tiered user access and user right control
- Hardware encoded protocol access
- Full touchscreen GUI
- Designed to be FDA 21CFR11 compliant
- Built-in camera enabled QR scanner
- QR code enabled (Part and usage tracking, Automatic part conditioning, and Protocol setting)
Explore MARS Applications
Modular systems automate cell processing and cell isolation in the development and manufacturing of cell-based drugs. MARS provides high recovery and cell purity.
TIL, T Cells, NK cells, Neutrophils or Stem cells.
Label-free, easy and fast enrichment of live single cells from samples including peripheral blood, bone marrow, solid tissue and many others.
The MARS Platform
MARS Sample Preparation
- Proprietary tunable acoustic technology for cell washing and cell concentration
- No Labeling, no Ficoll separation, no centrifugation for high recovery, gentle separation of up to 3 samples in parallel.
- Proprietary Magnetic technology for positive or negative cell selection for a wide range of sample volumes.
- No Matrix, no centrifugation for minimal cell losses, high purity and gentle cell treatment of up to 3 samples in parallel.
MARS Cell Separation
- The best of our technologies, two acoustic modules for sample washing and concentration combined with the magnetic module for positive or negative cell selection.
- Flexible solution for High Recovery, High Purity and High Reproducibility.
No supporting documents available
This product has no supporting documents available for download. If you feel like supporting documents should be available for this product, please contact us.