Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-RCC1 (Ser11) (D18B5) Rabbit mAb #5500
|5500S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5500||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-RCC1 (Ser11) (D18B5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of RCC1 protein only when phosphorylated at Ser11.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser11 of human RCC1 protein.
The Ras family small GTPase Ran is involved in nuclear envelope formation, assembly of the mitotic spindle, and nuclear transport (1,2). Like other small GTPases, Ran is active in its GTP-bound form and inactive in its GDP-bound form. Nuclear RanGTP concentration is maintained through nuclear localization of guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) activity, which catalyzes the exchange of bound GDP for GTP. Regulator of chromatin condensation 1 (RCC1) is the only known RanGEF (3). RCC1 is dynamically chromatin-bound throughout the cell cycle, and this localization is required for mitosis to proceed normally (4,5). Appropriate association of RCC1 with chromatin is regulated through amino-terminal phosphorylation (5,6) and methylation (7). RCC1 regulation of RanGTP levels in response to histone modifications regulates nuclear import during apoptosis (8). In mitosis RCC1 is phosphorylated at Ser11, possibly by cyclin B/cdc2 (9-11). This phosphorylation may play a role in RCC1 interaction with chromatin and RCC1 RanGEF activity (6).
- Quimby, B.B. and Dasso, M. (2003) Curr Opin Cell Biol 15, 338-44.
- Hetzer, M. et al. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, E177-84.
- Moore, W. et al. (2002) Curr Biol 12, 1442-7.
- Ohtsubo, M. et al. (1989) J Cell Biol 109, 1389-97.
- Li, H.Y. and Zheng, Y. (2004) Genes Dev 18, 512-27.
- Hutchins, J.R. et al. (2004) Curr Biol 14, 1099-104.
- Chen, T. et al. (2007) Nat Cell Biol 9, 596-603.
- Wong, C.H. et al. (2009) Nat Cell Biol 11, 36-45.
- Horiike, Y. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Rep 36, 717-23.
- Dephoure, N. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 10762-7.
- Hood, F.E. and Clarke, P.R. (2007) J Cell Sci 120, 3436-45.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 5134 RCC1 (D15H6) Rabbit mAb
- 3589 RCC1 Antibody
- 4462 Ran Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.