Product Pathways - Metabolism
PLA2G1B Antibody #8962
|8962S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8962||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
PLA2G1B Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total PLA2G1B protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala131 of human PLA2G1B protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Phospholipase A2 (PLA2) is a superfamily of enzymes that hydrolyze glycero-3-phosphocholines and release fatty acids and lysophospholipids (1). PLA2G1B is a member of this superfamily in the 1B group that is expressed most highly in the pancreatic acinar cells (2). Evidence suggests that PLA2G1B plays a role in the absorption and storage of extra energy as fats are metabolized (1,2). Lysophospholipids generated by PLA2G1B inhibit fatty acid oxidation in the liver and reduce energy expenditure, leading to diet-induced obesity and type 2 diabetes with a high fat diet (1). Therefore, a potential intervention of obesity and diabetes could target PLA2G1B in the digestive tract (2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2439 ATGL (30A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2138 ATGL Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 3832 PLD1 Antibody
- 4510 Phospho-PLCγ1 (Ser1248) Antibody
- 3834 Phospho-PLD1 (Ser561) Antibody
- 3831 Phospho-PLD1 (Thr147) Antibody
- 2831 Phospho-cPLA2 (Ser505) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 5249 cPLA2 (D49A7) Rabbit mAb
- 2832 cPLA2 Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.