Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Dopamine β-Hydroxylase (DBH) Antibody #8586
|8586S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8586||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Dopamine β-Hydroxylase (DBH) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total DBH protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala211 of human dopamine β-hydroxylase protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Dopamine β-Hydroxylase (DBH) is an enzyme of the copper type II ascorbate-dependent mono-oxygenase family. This enzyme forms homotetramers composed of two noncovalently bound disulfide-linked dimers and is found as both membrane-associated and soluble forms (1-3). The soluble form is present in the lumen of secretory granules (4) and is released from cells by exocytosis (5). DBH converts dopamine to noradrenaline (6). Deficiency in this enzyme causes a rare disease characterized by a complete absence of noradrenaline and adrenaline in plasma together with increased plasma dopamine levels (7). Orthostatic hypotension, the main symptom of DBH deficiency, can be alleviated by administration of dihydroxyphenylserine, a synthetic precursor of noradrenaline (8).
- Smith, W.J. and Kirshner, N. (1967) Mol Pharmacol 3, 52-62.
- Lagercrantz, H. (1976) Neuroscience 1, 81-92.
- Winkler, H. (1976) Neuroscience 1, 65-80.
- Laduron, P.M. (1975) FEBS Lett 52, 132-4.
- Weinshilboum, R.M. et al. (1971) Science 174, 1349-51.
- Kaufman, S. and Friedman, S. (1965) Pharmacol Rev 17, 71-100.
- Robertson, D. et al. (1986) N Engl J Med 314, 1494-7.
- Biaggioni, I. and Robertson, D. (1987) Lancet 2, 1170-2.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 4174 TPA (12-O-Tetradecanoylphorbol-13-Acetate)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.