Product SourceAn E.coli strain that carries the cloned BtgZI gene from Bacillus thermoglucosidasius (X. Pan)
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration|
Properties and Usage
Unit DefinitionOne unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to digest 1 µg of λ DNA in 1 hour at 60°C in a total reaction volume of 50 µl.
1X CutSmart® Buffer
Incubate at 60°C
1X CutSmart® Buffer:
50 mM Potassium Acetate
20 mM Tris-acetate
10 mM Magnesium Acetate
100 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.9 @ 25°C
Activity in NEBuffersNEBuffer 1.1: 10%
NEBuffer 2.1: 25%
NEBuffer 3.1: 10%
CutSmart® Buffer: 100%
10 mM Tris-HCl
50 mM KCl
1 mM DTT
0.1 mM EDTA
200 μg/ml BSA
pH 7.4 @ 25°C
Heat Inactivation80°C for 20 min
dam methylation: Not Sensitive
dcm methylation: Not Sensitive
CpG Methylation: Impaired
Quality Control AssaysThe following Quality Control Tests are performed on each new lot and meet the specifications designated for the product. Individual lot data can be found on the Product Summary Sheet/Datacard or Manual which can be found in the Supporting Documents section of this page.
- Endonuclease Activity (Nicking):
The product is tested in a reaction containing a supercoiled DNA substrate. After incubation for 4 hours the percent converted to the nicked form is determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Exonuclease Activity (Radioactivity Release):
The product is tested in a reaction containing a radiolabeled mixture of single and double-stranded DNA. After incubation for 4 hours the exonuclease activity is determined by the % release of radioactive nucleotides.
- Ligation and Recutting (Terminal Integrity):
After an over-digestion of DNA with a restriction endonuclease the percentage of the DNA fragments ligated with T4 DNA ligase and the percentage that can be recut are determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Non-Specific DNase Activity (16 hour):
The product is tested for non-specific nuclease degradation in a reaction containing a DNA substrate. After incubation for 16 hours there is no detectable degradation of the DNA substrate as determined by agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Cleavage of mammalian genomic DNA is impaired by CpG methylation.
- BtgZI can remain bound to DNA after cutting and alter migration rate of DNA during electrophoresis. To disrupt binding, add SDS to a final concentration of 0.5% or purify DNA before electrophoresis.
- Incubation at 37°C results in 75% activity.
- Star activity may result from a glycerol concentration of >5%
- Why are the DNA bands run on an agarose gel smeared?
- What is the activity of BtgZI at 37°C?
- What is the activity of BtgZi at 25°C?
- Is BtgZi activity blocked by methylation?
- What effect does BSA have on the performance of NEB’s restriction enzymes when included in the new buffers?
- How can I access the old NEBuffer Activity Chart?
- I tested your restriction enzyme on the substrate DNA recommended by NEB, and it appears to be active, however it does not digest my DNA. What could be the reason?
- Which restriction enzymes are used in GoldenBraid Assembly?
- Why is my Restriction Enzyme not cutting DNA?