Product Pathways - Development
Axin2 (D48G4) Rabbit mAb #5863
|5863S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5863||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||95, 98||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Axin2 (D48G4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Axin2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro566 of human Axin2 protein.
Axin1 (Axis inhibition protein 1) and Axin2 are multidomain scaffold proteins that negatively regulate Wnt signaling. Axin1 interacts with APC, GSK-3β, Dvl, and β-catenin and promotes the GSK-3β-mediated phosphorylation and subsequent degradation of β-catenin (1,2). Upon stimulation of cells with Wnt, Axin1 is recruited to the membrane by phosphorylated LRP5/6, a process that is believed to be crucial for activation of Wnt signaling (3,4). In addition to its role in the Wnt signaling pathway, Axin1 forms a complex with MEKK1 and activates c-Jun amino-terminal kinase (JNK/SAPK) (5). Axin2 (also known as Conductin or Axil) can functionally substitute for Axin1 in mice (6). Axin2 itself is a direct target of the Wnt signaling pathway and therefore serves to control the duration and/or intensity of Wnt signaling through a negative feedback loop (7-9).
- Luo, W. and Lin, S.C. Neurosignals 13, 99-113.
- Salahshor, S. and Woodgett, J.R. (2005) J. Clin. Pathol. 58, 225-236.
- Zeng, X. et al. (2005) Nature 438, 873-877.
- Davidson, G. et al. (2005) Nature 438, 867-872.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 35247-35254.
- Chia, I.V. and Costantini, F. (2005) Mol. Cell Biol. 25, 4371-4376.
- Jho, E.H. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell Biol. 22, 1172-1183.
- Lustig, B. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell Biol. 22, 1184-1193.
- Leung, J.Y. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 21657-21665.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2009 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37) Antibody
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9564 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 3889 LRP5 (D23F7) Rabbit mAb
- 5440 LRP5 (D5G4) Rabbit mAb
- 5731 LRP5 (D80F2) Rabbit mAb
- 3395 LRP6 (C47E12) Rabbit mAb
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2569 TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2883 TCF3 (D15G11) Rabbit mAb
- 2087 Axin1 (C76H11) Rabbit mAb
- 3323 Axin1 (C7B12) Rabbit mAb
- 2074 Axin1 (C95H11) Rabbit mAb
- 5158 Frizzled6 (D16E5) Rabbit mAb
- 3534 SFRP1 (D5A7) Rabbit mAb
- 9383 TCF/LEF1 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2915 Wnt Signaling Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9782 Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition (EMT) Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.