Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
PPARγ (D69) Antibody #2430
|2430S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2430||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||53, 57||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PPARγ (D69) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PPARγ protein.
Source / Purification
PPARγ (D69) Antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp69 of human PPARγ.
Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ (PPARγ) is a member of the ligand-activated nuclear receptor superfamily and functions as a transcriptional activator (1). PPARγ is preferentially expressed in adipocytes as well as in vascular smooth muscle cells and macrophage (2). Besides its role in mediating adipogenesis and lipid metabolism (2), PPARγ also modulates insulin sensitivity, cell proliferation and inflammation (3). PPARγ transcriptional activity is inhibited by MAP kinase phosphorylation of PPARγ at Ser84 (4,5).
- Tontonoz, P. et al. (1995) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 5, 571-576.
- Rosen, E.D. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 4, 611-617.
- Murphy, G.J. and Holder, J.C. (2000) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 21, 469-474.
- Camp, H.S. and Tafuri, S.R. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 10811-10816.
- Adams, M. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 5128-5132.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2439 ATGL (30A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2138 ATGL Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2443 PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2435 PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb
- 4139 Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.