Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) Antibody #2386
|2386S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2386||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||180||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) Antibody detects endogenous IRS-1 only when phosphorylated at serine 612 of mouse IRS-1 or serine 616 of human IRS-1. The antibody does not detect IRS-1 phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser612 of mouse IRS-1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1) is one of the major substrates of the insulin receptor kinase (1). IRS-1 contains multiple tyrosine phosphorylation motifs that serve as docking sites for SH2-domain containing proteins that mediate the metabolic and growth-promoting functions of insulin (2-4). IRS-1 also contains over 30 potential serine/threonine phosphorylation sites. Ser307 of IRS-1 is phosphorylated by JNK (5) and IKK (6) while Ser789 is phosphorylated by SIK-2, a member of the AMPK family (7). The PKC and mTOR pathways mediate phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser612 and Ser636/639, respectively (8,9). Phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser1101 is mediated by PKCθ and results in an inhibition of insulin signaling in the cell, suggesting a potential mechanism for insulin resistance in some models of obesity (10).
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1991) Nature 352, 73-77.
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 22662-22672.
- Myers Jr., M.G. et al. (1993) Endocrinology 132, 1421-1430.
- Wang, L.M. et al. (1993) Science 261, 1591-1594.
- Rui, L. et al. (1997) J. Clin. Invest. 107, 181-189.
- Gao, Z. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 48115-48121.
- Horike, N. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 18440-18447.
- Ozes, O.N. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 4640-4645.
- De Fea, K. and Ruth, R.A. (1997) Biochemistry 36, 12939-12947.
- Li, Y. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 45304-45307.
- Tzatsos, A. and Kandror, K.V. (2006) Mol Cell Biol 26, 63-76. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2390 IRS-1 (59G8) Rabbit mAb
- 3407 IRS-1 (D23G12) Rabbit mAb
- 3194 IRS-1 (L3D12) Mouse mAb
- 2382 IRS-1 Antibody
- 3089 IRS-2 (L1326) Antibody
- 3014 Insulin (C27C9) Rabbit mAb
- 2385 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser1101) Antibody
- 2384 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) Antibody
- 2381 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Antibody
- 2580 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser332/336) Antibody
- 3203 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (C15H5) Rabbit mAb
- 3193 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (L7B8) Mouse mAb
- 2388 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser636/639) Antibody
- 2389 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser789) Antibody
- 3066 Phospho-IRS-1 (Tyr1222) Antibody
- 3070 Phospho-IRS-1 (Tyr895) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.