Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CNPase (D83E10) XP® Rabbit mAb #5664
|5664S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5664P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5664||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||47||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen)
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CNPase (D83E10) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CNPase protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val81 of human CNPase protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various brain tissues using CNPase (D83E10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
CNPase (2', 3’-cyclic nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase) catalyzes the in vitro hydrolysis of 2’, 3’-cyclic nucleotides to produce 2’-nucleotides. The in vivo molecular function and native substrate of this nucleotide phosphodiesterase remains under investigation (1). High CNPase expression is seen in oligodendrocytes and Schwann cells as CNPase accounts for roughly 4% of the total myelin protein in the central nervous system (2). CNPase binds to tubulin heterodimers and plays a role in tubulin polymerization, and oligodendrocyte process outgrowth (3). Typical myelination is seen in CNPase knock-out mice, but they suffer severe neurodegeneration from axonal loss and oligodendrocytes display abnormal paranodal loop structure prior to axonal degeneration. Paranodal loops typically contact the axolemma in axon-glial signaling; neurodegeneration in CNPase knock-out mice is a secondary consequence of impaired cell-cell communication (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2301 Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr75) Antibody
- 2835 Neurofilament-L (DA2) Mouse mAb
- 3381 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser890) Antibody
- 4542 MAP2 Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2154 Musashi Antibody
- 3670 GFAP (GA5) Mouse mAb
- 2838 Neurofilament-M (RMO 14.9) Mouse mAb
- 2507 PSD95 Antibody
- 2836 Neurofilament-H (RMdO 20) Mouse mAb
- 4604 Doublecortin Antibody
- 2306 DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 3877 Phospho-Vimentin (Ser56) Antibody
- 2837 Neurofilament-L (C28E10) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.