Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb #5536
|5536S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5536P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5536||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||289||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Chicken, Pig, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of mTOR protein only when phosphorylated at Ser2448.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser2448 of human mTOR protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from serum-starved NIH/3T3 cells, untreated or insulin-treated (150 nM, 5 minutes), alone or in combination with λ-phosphatase, using Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb #2983.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, rapamycin-treated (#9904, 10 μM for 2 hours, left), insulin-treated (150 nM for 6 minutes, middle) or insulin- and λ-phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin. Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
The mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR, FRAP, RAFT) is a Ser/Thr protein kinase (1-3) that functions as an ATP and amino acid sensor to balance nutrient availability and cell growth (4,5). When sufficient nutrients are available, mTOR responds to a phosphatidic acid-mediated signal to transmit a positive signal to p70 S6 kinase and participate in the inactivation of the eIF4E inhibitor, 4E-BP1 (6). These events result in the translation of specific mRNA subpopulations. mTOR is phosphorylated at Ser2448 via the PI3 kinase/Akt signaling pathway and autophosphorylated at Ser2481 (7,8). mTOR plays a key role in cell growth and homeostasis and may be abnormally regulated in tumors. For these reasons, mTOR is currently under investigation as a potential target for anti-cancer therapy (9).
- Sabers, C.J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 815-22.
- Brown, E.J. et al. (1994) Nature 369, 756-8.
- Sabatini, D.M. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 35-43.
- Gingras, A.C. et al. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 807-26.
- Dennis, P.B. et al. (2001) Science 294, 1102-5.
- Fang, Y. et al. (2001) Science 294, 1942-5.
- Navé, B.T. et al. (1999) Biochem J 344 Pt 2, 427-31.
- Peterson, R.T. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 7416-23.
- Huang, S. and Houghton, P.J. (2003) Curr Opin Pharmacol 3, 371-7.
- Sarfstein, R. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e24468. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Doberstein, K. et al. (2011) Carcinogenesis 32, 1713-23. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Murai, A. et al. (2012) BMC Vet Res 8, 128. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 2976 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (49F9) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 4517 mTOR (L27D4) Mouse mAb
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 3274 GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2691 PRAS40 (D23C7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 9205 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) Antibody
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 1230 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Blocking Peptide
- 1072 mTOR Blocking Peptide
- 9904 Rapamycin
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.