Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Cyclophilin A Antibody #2175
|2175S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2175||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||18||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cyclophilin A Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Cyclophilin A protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of Cyclophilin A. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Cyclophilins are a highly conserved family of peptidylprolyl cis-trans-isomerases (PPIA) that are targets of the immunosuppressant drug cyclosporin A (CsA) (1,2). The complex of cyclophilin and CsA can bind to and inhibit calcineurin which leads to inhibition of the transcription factor NFAT and decreased production of cytokines (3,4). As isomerases, cyclophilins have been proposed to aid in protein folding. Cyclophilin A can bind to the p55 Gag protein of HIV and appears necessary for HIV infection (5,6). There is also some evidence that cyclophilins have nuclease activity and play a role in apoptosis (7).
- Takahashi, N. et al. (1989) Nature 337, 473-475.
- Wang, P. and Heitman, J. (2005) Genome Biol. 6, 226.
- Jain, J. et al. (1993) Nature 365, 352-355.
- McCaffrey, P.G. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268, 3747-3752.
- Thali, M. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 363-365.
- Streblow, D.N. et al. (1998) Virology 245, 197-202.
- Montague, J.W. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 18877-18880.
- Dear, J.W. et al. (2011) J Immunol 187, 3347-52. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4998 NFAT4 Antibody
- 2614 Pan-Calcineurin A Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.