Product Pathways - Metabolism
GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174
|5174S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5174P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5174||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||37||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total GAPDH protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunzing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human GAPDH.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse colon using GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) catalyzes the phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate during glycolysis. Though differentially expressed from tissue to tissue (1), GAPDH is thought to be a constitutively expressed housekeeping protein. For this reason, GAPDH mRNA and protein levels are often measured as controls in experiments quantifying specific changes in expression of other targets. Recent work has elucidated roles for GAPDH in apoptosis (2), gene expression (3), and nuclear transport (4). GAPDH may also play a role in neurodegenerative pathologies such as Huntington and Alzheimer's diseases (4,5).
- Barber, R.D. et al. (2005) Physiol. Genomics 21, 389-95.
- Hara, M.R. and Snyder, S.H. (2006) Cell Mol. Neurobiol. 26, 527-38.
- Zheng, L. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 255-66.
- Bae, B.I. et al. (2006) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103, 3405-9.
- Wang, Q. et al. (2005) FASEB J. 19, 869-71.
- Kozako, T. et al. (2015) Sci Rep 5, 11345.
- Kühne, H. et al. (2014) Lipids Health Dis 13, 51. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.