Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Stat4 (Tyr693) Antibody #5267
|5267S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5267||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat4 (Tyr693) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Stat4 only when phosphorylated at Tyr693.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr693 of human Stat4 protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NK-92 cells, untreated or treated with Human Interleukin-2 (hIL-2) #8907 (2ng/ml, 15 minutes), using Phospho-Stat4 (Tyr693) Antibody (upper) or Stat4 (C46B10) Rabbit mAb #2653 (lower).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 NK-92 cells starved of IL-2 overnight then treated with IL-12 (10ng/ml) for 4h and either 20 μl of Phospho-Stat4 (Tyr693) Antibody #5267 or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human IRF-1 promoter primers, SimpleChIP® Human PRF1 Promoter Primers #9014, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
The Jak-Stat signaling pathway is utilized by a large number of cytokines, growth factors, and hormones (1). Receptor-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of Jak family members triggers phosphorylation of Stat proteins, resulting in their nuclear translocation, binding to specific DNA elements, and subsequent activation of transcription. The remarkable range and specificity of responses regulated by the Stats is determined, in part, by the tissue-specific expression of different cytokine receptors, Jaks, and Stats, as well as by the combinatorial coupling of various Stat members to different receptors (2). Stat4 is predominantly expressed in the spleen, thymus, and testis and has been most extensively investigated as the mediator of IL-12 responses (3-8). Activation of Stat4 is associated with phosphorylation at Tyr693 (9).
Stat4 is activated in response to IL-2 in natural killer (NK) cells, but not in T-cells (10).
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-1421.
- Leonard, W.J. and O'Shea, J.J. (1998) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 16, 293-322.
- Zhong, Z. et al. (1994) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91, 4806-4810.
- Yamamoto, K. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell Biol. 14, 4342-4349.
- Jacobson, N.G. et al. (1995) J. Exp. Med. 181, 1755-1762.
- Bacon, C.M. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92, 7307-7311.
- Thierfelder, W.E. et al. (1996) Nature 382, 171-174.
- Kaplan, M.H. et al. (1996) Nature 382, 174-177.
- Visconti, R. et al. (2000) Blood 96, 1844-52.
- Wang, K.S. et al. (1999) J Immunol 162, 299-304.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 5097 Stat4 (2A2) Mouse mAb
- 2653 Stat4 (C46B10) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
SimpleChIP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.