Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
HER2/ErbB2 (D8F12) XP® Rabbit mAb #4290
|4290S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4290P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4290||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||185||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HER2/ErbB2 (D8F12) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total HER/ErbB2 protein. This antibody may cross-react slightly with other overexpressed RTKs.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human HER2/ErbB2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-BR-3 and MCF7 cells using HER2/ErbB2 (D8F12) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using HER2/ErbB2 (D8F12) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded SK-BR-3 (Her2 high, left) and MCF7 cell pellets (Her2 low, right) using HER2/ErbB2 (D8F12) XP® Rabbit mAb.
The ErbB2 (HER2) proto-oncogene encodes a 185 kDa transmembrane, receptor-like glycoprotein with intrinsic tyrosine kinase activity (1). While ErbB2 lacks an identified ligand, ErbB2 kinase activity can be activated in the absence of a ligand when overexpressed and through heteromeric associations with other ErbB family members (2). Amplification of the ErbB2 gene and overexpression of its product are detected in almost 40% of human breast cancers (3). Binding of the c-Cbl ubiquitin ligase to ErbB2 at Tyr1112 leads to ErbB2 poly-ubiquitination and enhances degradation of this kinase (4). ErbB2 is a key therapeutic target in the treatment of breast cancer and other carcinomas and targeting the regulation of ErbB2 degradation by the c-Cbl-regulated proteolytic pathway is one potential therapeutic strategy. Phosphorylation of the kinase domain residue Tyr877 of ErbB2 (homologous to Tyr416 of pp60c-Src) may be involved in regulating ErbB2 biological activity. The major autophosphorylation sites in ErbB2 are Tyr1248 and Tyr1221/1222; phosphorylation of these sites couples ErbB2 to the Ras-Raf-MAP kinase signal transduction pathway (1,5).
- Kuroda, A. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e22313. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2165 HER2/ErbB2 (29D8) Rabbit mAb
- 3250 HER2/ErbB2 (M45) Antibody
- 2242 HER2/ErbB2 Antibody
- 6942 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1196) (D66B7) Rabbit mAb
- 2243 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) (6B12) Rabbit mAb
- 2249 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1221/1222) Antibody
- 2247 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1248) Antibody
- 2244 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr1248)/EGFR (Tyr1173) Antibody
- 2241 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 (Tyr877) Antibody
- 9923 Phospho-HER2/ErbB2 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8117 SignalSlide® Phospho-ErbB Family IHC Controls
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.