Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bcl-2 (D17C4) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Preferred) #3498
|3498S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3498||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||26||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bcl-2 (D17C4) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Preferred) detects endogenous levels of total Bcl-2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly41 of mouse Bcl-2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Bcl-2 (D17C4) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Preferred).
Bcl-2 exerts a survival function in response to a wide range of apoptotic stimuli through inhibition of mitochondrial cytochrome c release (1). It has been implicated in modulating mitochondrial calcium homeostasis and proton flux (2). Several phosphorylation sites have been identified within Bcl-2 including Thr56, Ser70, Thr74, and Ser87 (3). It has been suggested that these phosphorylation sites may be targets of the ASK1/MKK7/JNK1 pathway and that phosphorylation of Bcl-2 may be a marker for mitotic events (4,5). Mutation of Bcl-2 at Thr56 or Ser87 inhibits its anti-apoptotic activity during glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis of T lymphocytes (6). Interleukin-3 and JNK-induced Bcl-2 phosphorylation at Ser70 may be required for its enhanced anti-apoptotic functions (7).
- Murphy, K.M. et al. (2000) Cell Death Differ 7, 102-11.
- Zhu, L. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 33267-73.
- Maundrell, K. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 25238-42.
- Yamamoto, K. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 8469-78.
- Ling, Y.H. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 18984-91.
- Huang, S.T. and Cidlowski, J.A. (2002) FASEB J 16, 825-32.
- Deng, X. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 23681-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 2870 Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb
- 4223 Bcl-2 (D55G8) Rabbit mAb (Human Specific)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2827 Phospho-Bcl-2 (Ser70) (5H2) Rabbit mAb
- 2875 Phospho-Bcl-2 (Thr56) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.