Product Pathways - Metabolism
PDHK1 (C47H1) Rabbit mAb #3820
|3820S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3820||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||47||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PDHK1 (C47H1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PDHK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human PDHK1 protein.
Pyruvate generated from glycolysis is converted to acetyl-CoA by pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH) under normoxia (1-3). This is a critical link between glycolysis and the TCA cycle (3). PDH activity is regulated by phosphorylation and dephosphorylation (3). Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase (PDHK) phosphorylates PDH and inactivates it, whereas dephosphorylation of PDH is carried out by pyruvate dehydrogenase phosphatase to generate the active form (3). Hypoxia can directly induce pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1 (PDHK1) expression, which results in inactivation of PDH and the TCA cycle and subsequent suppression of metabolism (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4047 ACSL1 Antibody
- 3658 AceCS1 (D19C6) Rabbit mAb
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3582 LDHA (C4B5) Rabbit mAb
- 2012 LDHA Antibody
- 3558 LDHA/LDHC (C28H7) Rabbit mAb
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 4053 PKM2 (D78A4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 3205 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase (C54G1) Rabbit mAb
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.