Product Pathways - Phosphatases
PP2A C Subunit Antibody #2038
|2038S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2038T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2038||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, D. melanogaster||Endogenous||36, 38||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
This antibody detects endogenous levels of PP2A catalytic subunit protein (both α and β isoforms). The antibody does not cross-react with other PP2A subunits.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids at the carboxy terminus of human PP2A catalytic subunit. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3, C6 and COS cells using PP2A C Subunit Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using PP2A C Subunit Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or PP2A C Subunit Blocking Peptide, #1067 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic localization, using PP2A C Subunit Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using PP2A C Subunit Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using PP2A C Subunit Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide, #1067 (right).
Protein phosphatase type 2A (PP2A) is an essential protein serine/threonine phosphatase that is conserved in all eukaryotes. PP2A is a key enzyme within various signal transduction pathways as it regulates fundamental cellular activities such as DNA replication, transcription, translation, metabolism, cell cycle progression, cell division, apoptosis and development (1-3). The core enzyme consists of catalytic C and regulatory A (or PR65) subunits, with each subunit represented by α and β isoforms (1). Additional regulatory subunits belong to four different families of unrelated proteins. Both the B (or PR55) and B' regulatory protein families contain α, β, γ and δ isoforms, with the B' family also including an ε protein. B'' family proteins include PR72, PR130, PR59 and PR48 isoforms, while striatin (PR110) and SG2NA (PR93) are both members of the B''' regulatory protein family. These B subunits competitively bind to a shared binding site on the core A subunit (1). This variable array of holoenzyme components, particularly regulatory B subunits, allows PP2A to act in a diverse set of functions. PP2A function is regulated by expression, localization, holoenzyme composition and post-translational modification. Phosphorylation of PP2A at Tyr307 by Src occurs in response to EGF or insulin and results in a substantial reduction of PP2A activity (4). Reversible methylation on the carboxyl group of Leu309 of PP2A has been observed (5,6). Methylation alters the conformation of PP2A, as well as its localization and association with B regulatory subunits (6-8).
- Janssens, V. and Goris, J. (2001) Biochem. J. 353, 417-439.
- Zolnierowicz, S. (2000) Biochem. Pharmacol. 60, 1225-1235.
- Milward, T.A. et al. (1999) Trends Biochem. Sci. 24, 186-191.
- Chen, J. et al. (1992) Science 257, 1261-1264.
- Turowski, P. et al. (1995) J. Cell. Biol. 129, 397-410.
- Lee, J. et al. (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93, 6043-6047.
- Tolstykh, T. et al. (2000) EMBO J. 19, 5682-5691.
- Yu, X.X. et al. (2001) Mol. Biol. Cell 12, 185-199.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2260 PP2A A Subunit (6G3) Rat mAb
- 2041 PP2A A Subunit (81G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2039 PP2A A Subunit Antibody
- 2290 PP2A B Subunit (100C1) Rabbit mAb
- 4953 PP2A B Subunit Antibody
- 2259 PP2A C Subunit (52F8) Rabbit mAb
- 1067 PP2A C Subunit Blocking Peptide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.