Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
α-Tubulin (DM1A) Mouse mAb #3873
|3873S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3873P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3873||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||52||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
α-Tubulin (DM1A) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total α-tubulin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full-length chicken α-tubulin purified from brain extracts, and recognizes residues surrounding Val440 of α-tubulin protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and COS-7 cells using α-Tubulin (DM1A) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using α-Tubulin (DM1A) Mouse mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using α-Tubulin (DM1A) Mouse mAb (green). Red = Propidium Iodide (fluorescent DNA dye).
The cytoskeleton consists of three types of cytosolic fibers: microtubules, microfilaments (actin filaments), and intermediate filaments. Globular tubulin subunits comprise the microtubule building block, with α/β-tubulin heterodimers forming the tubulin subunit common to all eukaryotic cells. γ-tubulin is required to nucleate polymerization of tubulin subunits to form microtubule polymers. Many cell movements are mediated by microtubule action, including the beating of cilia and flagella, cytoplasmic transport of membrane vesicles, chromosome alignment during meiosis/mitosis, and nerve-cell axon migration. These movements result from competitive microtubule polymerization and depolymerization or through the actions of microtubule motor proteins (1).
- Hebel, K. et al. (2011) J Immunol 187, 5627-35. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Mainou, B.A. et al. (2013) MBio 4, . Applications: IC-IF.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12152 Acetyl-α-Tubulin (Lys40) (6-11B-1) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 2144 α-Tubulin Antibody
- 2148 α/β-Tubulin Antibody
- 2128 β-Tubulin (9F3) Rabbit mAb
- 2146 β-Tubulin Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.