Product Pathways - Development
KLF4 Antibody #4038
|4038S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4038P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4038||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||65||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
KLF4 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total KLF4 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid sequence at the amino terminus of human KLF4. Antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
KLF4 is a member of the erythroid Kruppel-like factor (EKLF) multigene family that is highly expressed in the differentiating layers of the epidermis (1, 2). KLF4 plays a critical role in the differentiation of epithelial cells and is essential for normal gastric homeostasis (2,3). Depending on the target gene, KLF4 can function as both a repressor and activator of transcription (4). Research studies suggest this protein may function as either a tumor suppressor or an oncogene depending on tumor type, with up-regulation in human squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck and down-regulation in colorectal carcinoma (5,6). The in vitro reprogramming of somatic cells to an embryonic-like state has been achieved by retroviral transduction of four factors: Oct-3/4, Sox2, c-Myc, and KLF4 (7). These induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS) are of great therapeutic interest as they exhibit the key characteristics and growth properties of pluripotent stem cells (8,9).
- Yet, S.F. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 1026-31.
- Segre, J.A. et al. (1999) Nat Genet 22, 356-60.
- Katz, J.P. et al. (2005) Gastroenterology 128, 935-45.
- Evans, P.M. and Liu, C. (2008) Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 40, 554-64.
- Foster, K.W. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 1491-500.
- Rowland, B.D. and Peeper, D.S. (2006) Nat Rev Cancer 6, 11-23.
- Takahashi, K. and Yamanaka, S. (2006) Cell 126, 663-76.
- Meissner, A. et al. (2007) Nat Biotechnol 25, 1177-81.
- Park, I.H. et al. (2008) Nature 451, 141-6.
- Davis-Dusenbery, B.N. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 28097-110. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3978 LIN28A (A177) Antibody
- 3695 LIN28A (D84C11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3580 Nanog Antibody
- 2750 Oct-4 Antibody
- 2840 Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 3579 Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9402 c-Myc Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.