Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb (Sepharose (R) Bead Conjugate) #4074
|4074S||400 µl (40 immunoprecipitations)||---||In Stock||---|
|4074||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|IP||1:20||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot using the unconjugated antibody.
Applications Key: IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Bovine, Pig, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of Stat3 only when phosphorylated at Tyr705. This antibody does not cross-react with phospho-EGFR or the corresponding phospho-tyrosines of other Stat proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr705 of mouse Stat3 protein.
Immunoprecipitation of HeLa cell lysates, untreated or treated with IFN-α, using XP® Rabbit (DA1E) IgG (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) #3423 (lanes 1 and 2) and Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) (lanes 3 and 4). The western blot was probed using Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (3E2) Mouse mAb #9138.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is immobilized via covalent binding of primary amino groups to N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS)-activated Sepharose® beads. Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) is useful for the immunoprecipitation of phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705). This antibody was tested using human cell lysates and is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated antibody (Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb #9145).
The Stat3 transcription factor is an important signaling molecule for many cytokines and growth factor receptors (1) and is required for murine fetal development (2). Research studies have shown that Stat3 is constitutively activated in a number of human tumors (3,4) and possesses oncogenic potential (5) and anti-apoptotic activities (3). Stat3 is activated by phosphorylation at Tyr705, which induces dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding (6,7). Transcriptional activation seems to be regulated by phosphorylation at Ser727 through the MAPK or mTOR pathways (8,9). Stat3 isoform expression appears to reflect biological function as the relative expression levels of Stat3α (86 kDa) and Stat3β (79 kDa) depend on cell type, ligand exposure, or cell maturation stage (10). It is notable that Stat3β lacks the serine phosphorylation site within the carboxy-terminal transcriptional activation domain (8).
- Heim, M.H. (2001) J Recept Signal Transduct Res 19, 75-120.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 3801-4.
- Catlett-Falcone, R. et al. (1999) Immunity 10, 105-15.
- Garcia, R. and Jove, R. (1998) J Biomed Sci 5, 79-85.
- Bromberg, J.F. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 295-303.
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-21.
- Ihle, J.N. (1995) Nature 377, 591-4.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-50.
- Yokogami, K. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 47-50.
- Biethahn, S. et al. (1999) Exp Hematol 27, 885-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9138 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (3E2) Mouse mAb
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4323 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4324 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 4093 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated)
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 3423 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 4368 Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.