Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Gα(o) Antibody #3975
|3975S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3975||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Gα(o) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Gα(o) protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg15 of human Gα(o). Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Heterotrimeric guanine nucleotide-binding proteins (G proteins) consist of α, β and γ subunits and mediate the effects of hormones, neurotransmitters, chemokines and sensory stimuli. To date, over 20 known Gα subunits have been classified into four families, Gα(s), Gα(i/o), Gα(q) and Gα(12), based on structural and functional similarities (1,2). Phosphorylation of Tyr356 of Gα(q)/Gα(11) is essential for activation of the G protein, since phenylalanine substitution for Tyr356 changes the interaction of Gα with receptors and abolishes ligand-induced IP3 formation (3).
Gα(o) is the most abundant G protein in the brain and couples to serotonin, dopamine, GABA (B), opioid, glutamate and cholinergic receptors (4). Gα(o) -/- mice have neurological defects such as tremors, seizures and poor motor coordination (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3981 Gα(o) Antibody (IP Preferred)
- 3904 Gα(z) Antibody
- 3992 Gα (pan) Antibody
- 2416 Phospho-β-Arrestin 1 (Ser412) (6-24) Mouse mAb
- 3857 β-Arrestin 2 (C16D9) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.